In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

xscent?

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
Does anyone have any of this stuff? I have been reading up on it and it really seems to be the way to go. Really alot easier to deal with than carbon clothing.
Anyone out there give me some imput from actually useing it?

its all about pucks and bucks
smilie_schuetze.gif

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have Xscent if that is what you mean. I can not attest to it's function as I have only worn it once this season. A local store was selling the base layers really cheap, so I got hooked. I do mix it with other scent blocker, and scent loc products, so again I don't know how it works...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yeah thats the stuff [:D]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I Dont want to sound like MR DEER but don't rely on scent blocker cover-up or any scents to keep you undetected. The best thing you can do is uase the wind. Be vigelant about getting dressed at your stand or close to your stand. so many folks wash their carbon suit in no scent wash then hang it out for a week GREAT[;)] Then the morning of the hunt they put it on at the house go to the gas station grab a coffee eat some donuts all over the seats in the truck. ITs' not gonna work [V]. then when they get to their stand they spray a lot of scent away[?][?][?] View these accessories as they may help you go undetected if a deer gets a slight whiff. if you use it like that. It is my opinion that it may make the difference between getting a shot and and getting busted. It's just my opinion that too many folks today are looking for the cure all the easy way after 3o years of hunting there isint any easy way. no substitute for knowing your prey understanding them and reading the sign they leave behind like a puzzle.[;)]. Hell look at fred bear no camo, no no scent ared and black plad checkered jacket with green wool pants or jeans, yet one of the most sucessful bow hunters ever.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Buckey... I agree with you totally. I think that too much emphasis is put on scent control clothing. Now I am guilty of getting dressed before I leave my house, but I get dressed in the mud room and then I am out the door. I eat before I get dressed and do not drink coffee at all if I am going hunting. There is nothing you can do to get coffee or smoke off your breath without covering it with something else. Anyway, Yeah I drive to my stand in my clothes, but then again my truck... well it gets sprayed down frequently. I have started useing "Moon Fire" to spray my truck down. I like the smell and figure what the heck it is sold as an attractant so that smell cant be a bad thing to have on me. Now, I wish that I could get dressed in the woods but a 1/2 naked woman in the woods is not a safe thing anywhere in this world anymore. I have been down that road (not in the woods) and once is more than enough for any woman to have to deal with.

Now for Xscent... it does not use carbon. It uses silver fibers instead. You dont have to recharge it ever. Silver has been known for scent control uses and anti-microbial (sp) uses for decades. So the more I think about it the more I think that a product that can keep me warm or cool (they have various products) and control scent, well that sounds like a plus to me.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I heard that the only thing these products do is "dampen" your scent enough to make the deer think you are farther away than you really are when he smells you.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    While were on the subject of scent. The guide in North Dakota makes you scrub your boot with mud sticks and water with a stiff brissle brush[?] all hunting cloths are kept out side you have to carry your outer garmets to you stand in a bag.[:0] wash your bow, your pull up rope, no cotton straps on binnoculars only nylon. Man I thought this guy was A nut[:o)] but guess what he has just about 100% sucess rate for his hunters. Also he will not hunt a stand if the wind is even marginal. its a ton of work but it pay's off most times.[:)]Yes I get lazy sometimes myself and dont always follow my own rules and when I get home thatevening I often wonder how many deer I did not see because they knew I was there or somthing wasant right. 1,2,3 who knows[?][?] Maybe the big one we all dream about.[:0]