In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Everyone shoot this weekend?

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Well did ya? Enos and myself shot some last night. crank the Q2 up some, shot the new broadhead had to do a little adjusting but not bad.
Trying a new head this year its a Deadhead reaper, anyone heard of these? any feedback?
Buckey I hate to say this but after several shots with field points and few with BH I almost had 2 arrows pass threw my block target[:o)].
Time for a new one I guess.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I bought a backyard buck for $60.00 at dicks sporting goods with a replaceable vital area . ishht only broad heads at it and it has already outlasted the block. dont know about there new 4 side model. I wont be buying another one. I sot about 15 arrows and sliced the vanes off thre so Im ready.[:p]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Yeah I did... at a hog... missed... [xx(]

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Missed[?] HOG FEVER[:D][:D][:D]your running out of time the razzing is almost here. enjoy your last 6 Days[}:)][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Running out of time for what? If you expect me to believe that you guys get deer everytime you hunt you're nuts. This is my first season bow hunting deer and there is not a person on this board that has any reason to razz me about not killing a deer yet. Killed a sow in the first 2 months of learning how to shoot. At least my * has been in a tree 3-4 times a week.

And I saw 2 turkey on Sat before the hog and a fairly decent sized doe after. There was no way to get a shot off on the doe too thick where she was. And we dont have a fall turkey season.

I personally dont think I am doing bad at all. What would you have rather me do take a shot on the 2 I saw opening weekend? Sorry but I personally think it is better to know my limits. I wont take a shot that I think is too long for me.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave
    gagirl .. was that a 10 point hog?

I got to shoot Sunday, shot 3 times before I could not cock the crossbow, I need to get one of them fancy cocking thingys. [:o)]

Say nothing, Just smile and make them guess how much you know....

He was a BIG sucker! David liked to have had a heart attack when we saw him walking on the ridge. Could not see how big his cutters were but his snout was bulging. We figure he would have weighed in about 275-300 lbs.

Hog hunting is a blast. I know that most people here are mainly whitetail fans, but I would just assume kill a 275 lb hog with 5-6 inch cutters than kill a 10 pt deer.

I am looking forward to some of you guys coming out or down and going hog hunting with us. We can hunt them 24/7 365. Nightime in the swamps... what a rush!

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was going to shoot Saturday. But my buddies and I put up 5 new stands and that used the majority of my day. Then Sunday was nothing but rain from "Rita". I plan on shooting tonight.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't shoot saturday, went and caught 56 fish in about 4 hours of fishing. [:D] And yesterday I did something to my back, it hurts like an SOB. [V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Running out of time for what? If you expect me to believe that you guys get deer everytime you hunt you're nuts. This is my first season bow hunting deer and there is not a person on this board that has any reason to razz me about not killing a deer yet. Killed a sow in the first 2 months of learning how to shoot. At least my * has been in a tree 3-4 times a week.

And I saw 2 turkey on Sat before the hog and a fairly decent sized doe after. There was no way to get a shot off on the doe too thick where she was. And we dont have a fall turkey season. [:0]Don't get your tits scrambled I was just teasing you about getting one as you were teasing us about your early season start. Cheer up will ya.[;)]

I personally dont think I am doing bad at all. What would you have rather me do take a shot on the 2 I saw opening weekend? Sorry but I personally think it is better to know my limits. I wont take a shot that I think is too long for me.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Buckey... sorry for getting on ya.. I really pulled something in my back yesterday the pain has had me almost in tears and I didnt sleep at all last night... but in all seriousness... are ya ready to come down in the spring for a hog hunt?
    I enjoy deer too but man the hogs get your heart pumping!

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As soon as I get back from N Dakota Im going to get serious with who wants to go and check some flight prices perhaps drive and see what I can arrange. The hardest thing is people getting the same time off but I'm going to try I have never hog hunted before and would like to make one squeal.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote: At least my * has been in a tree 3-4 times a week.

Hey put a cork in it woman, I still have a few days to go before I can sit in a stinkin tree. I may just sit there all day and not even come down to eat, I may stay there all night just cause I miss it so much.[:D]
    No fall turkey? that blows, that is a goal of mine this year to get a turkey. I haven't taken one with a bow yet(or gun). In fact I told enos last night that I may hunt in the southeast corner where the turkey hang out it is such a long walk to get there tho. Guess we'll have to see what the wind is doin' I don't want to mess up any deer tryin to get back there.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It will be best in the spring when the rivers are high. We should have our house done by then too so a few (2-3) could stay with us and that would cut down on the traveling cost too.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:so a few (2-3) could stay with us

OK guys I'll see y'all at gagirls place this spring. bring your waders and beer it could get real deep[;)].

seriously probably not anytime soon but I would also like to come down to hunt some hogs. The kids kinda have me strapped for cash right now though[V][:(]. And probably will til they are 18.

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have said before that we need to do a get together! Remember we have rivers (for fishing), woods and swamps (for hunting)and the beaches so the spouses and kids could have a vacation at the same time!

How about a hog roast on the beach? Honestly who would be up for it? I would be more than happy to host it. You guys have helped me along the way of learning about bows and it would be the least I could do to pay ya'll back.

EDIT: YES waders are a must!!!!
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would love to see some of the forum members come. I'm kinda luckey as far as responsibility I have no children which allows me to be more mobile. these guys have familys not so easy to just pick up and go . But who knows if we keep the thought alive sooner or later we will get together. Your offer is very much appriciated and I'm gonna try my best to get out there.[;)]
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I have no jon and am thinking of going to grad school so I have no money for a trip south or id be there in a heart beat

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    I have no jon and am thinking of going to grad school so I have no money for a trip south or id be there in a heart beat

I can pimp ya out if you want...[:D]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.

What do you do when you gotta go!!!!
    Stick it out the window???

• Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i shot a good bit saturday mid day. went hunting in the a.m. and saw 11, but they were out of range. went hunting again p.m. and saw 7, yet again out of range. i'm gonna go back this week and move my stands a little bit.

scouted a lot on sunday. kinda hard to cover 1600 acres in a day but i found a lot of sign on one ridge and will most likely hunt there saturday (opening day for county). that ridge has produced several P&Y over the past 20 years so everyone keep their fingers crossed.

***__________________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No I didnt get to shoot! I was fighting firewood and I see that I am not the only one that experienced a back injury this past weekend[B)]Must be contageous from posting here!?!?[:0][?]...I can get around but I am hurtin[V]!

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shot Sat, Sun CAN'T WAIT TIL SAT! [:p] [:D]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have been shooting every day or every other day since early August lol. This is my first year and I'm shooting 1 inch groups at 20-25 yards, and am able to make a clean vital area shot at 35 without wind. I thought that was rather decent for a first timer lol.