In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

2" blaze/hind sight w/ broadhead update

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey all, I just wanted to give you an update on my setup. I am sold on the Hind sight. It works really well and shooting is second nature again. I can really see well around sights now and the glow-in-the-dark will be a HUGE plus I think.

As for my broadheads, I am shooting the 125 gr Vortex mechanicals and I tried them tonight with my 2" blaze fletchings. They flew just like my fieldpoints and my arrows with 4" fletchings that I shot last year. No problems at all.

Plus, I went ahead and bought a Delta Riverbottom 3D Buck tonight. It works okay. It is a little smaller than I would like but it is building my confidence. If I can repeatedly hit the vitals on a target that small, an adult deer should be no problemo! They pull out okay, but it sure isn't one handed. I'll be curious to see how it holds up after all the practice this season. (But a replaceable vitals area is only like $20 or so!)

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you good to go glad your set up is working well GO GET EM[;)]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Slash I am also shooting with a hindsight and blazer vanes with 100 gn spitfires. I LOVE the way they fly. I get tighter groups with the blazers. I have 3 still set up wit 4 in vanes on them and they dont fly anywhere close to as good as the ones with my blazers. I am SOLD!!!!!!

And I agree wtih you on the HS. The field of vision is better and your anchor point has to be dead on to shoot it properly. It has helped me with my consistancy tons.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif