In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

POUTING

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
Picked up kiddo from school and was talking to a friend. Long story short... he is leaving for Canada in the am. and wont be back until the 9th. He offered for me to "tag along" a few weeks ago but I just didnt think David would understand.

I know I did the right thing about saying "no", at least as far as my marriage goes.... but man whitetail hunting in Canada.... I just cant help but want to go along.... FREE TRIP!!!!! Of course I would be divorced shortly after returning but it's CANADA hunting....Someone PLEASE tell me I did the right thing because I am wondering if I have lost my mind....

its all about pucks and bucks
smilie_schuetze.gif

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    You did the right thing. I bet it hurts like hell, but you did the right thing.[;)]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Until Next Year!!!
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well, my advice might not mean much because i'm new around here, but i agree, you did the right thing. i'm not married, but if i did something like that my girlfriend would kill me.

***____________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You definately did the right thing, better to pout for a day or two than be divorced.

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup, you did the right thing. It was bills why I had to turn down Ben on the southern IL hunt this fall. I would have loved to have joined him. For reasons beyond both of our control, we did the right thing.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know I just needed to vent it out. ....and HSRACER you seem like a pretty upstanding guy... even though you upped the insurance salesmen on this board to 2...right down the drain I tell ya....

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    free trip i would have been their in a heart beat

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    HHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMM I have to play Devils advocate. why would David not want you to go.[?] He knows how much you love to hunt.
    Does he trust you[?]
    and if he loves you, that would be like him giving you a wonderful gift by letting you go because it makes you happy.[:)]

If it were David wanting to go would he go or would he ask you to go and would you let him go if he had the oppertunity.

Mind you I'm not trying stirring the pot I think you did the right thing to obey your husbands wishes. But I dont see why that would be one of his wishes not to let somone do somthing that males them happy. I believe that is insecurity and a little selfish. hope you dot mind my opinion. I love my wife very much but there is no way in hell she's gonna stop me from going on a huntin trip. Hows that song go[?] I'm gonna miss her.[;)] Keep in mind you made a sacrifice in not going that show's lots of charactor on your part. you are a keeper.[:)]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I'll stir the pot, what were you thinkin!!!!! You should have gone and not told David where you were goin until you were walkin out the door. There are a lot of people in this world, you could have found you another sugar daddy if you needed to.

Now I'm not sayin I would have done it but I just wanted to stir you up.[:D][;)]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I didnt mention that the guy is REALLY HOT and that I would not trust myself alone in the woods with him. Like I said it was a long story short... bit more history there anyway I didnt even tell David that he invited me to go along. I know that I did the right thing by not going because I know my husband would worry and would not be comfy with me being in the woods with another man (well one he does not like) for 10 days.

It has taken David 2 years just to be comfy about me and this guy being friends. I cant even truely say he is comfy with it he just deals with it is a better way of saying it....

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    AHHHHHHH HAAAAAAAAA No wonder. In that case You definatly made the right decision. BOY you tipical woman you.[:I] you all seem to omit those little tiny details like HE's SSSSSoooooo HOT. I dont Koow if I can trust myself. [:0][:0] Your a hot sh$$t[:D][:D] behave yourself[;)]