In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

For those waitin on Oct. 1

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Its almost here!!!!! I have deer jerky made, clothes washed some packed, I just need Fri. afternoon to get here so I can get on the road.[:p]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AMEN! i can't wait either.

***__________________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • craig_deer_huntercraig_deer_hunter Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm ready! It has been a long summer and there is a big cold front coming in today. Its starting to feel like hunting season. No big trip or anything just hunting behind the house but I have seen a really nice 8 pointer in the last two weeks. Good luck to all.

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to
    use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Believe it or not I have only scouted one spot the one I meationed about the two does, it's too close now to go hang a stand so my plan is to slip in when its dark pop up my ground blind crawl in and wait for day light. hopefully they will continue their pattern. I still have about 6-7 stands up in other parts of the state since last year I hope their still there.[;)]
  • craig_deer_huntercraig_deer_hunter Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am kinda excited because I made a ghillie suit this summer and I really want to try to take a deer using it. There is a spot were the bucks have been crossing a big field and I cant hunt on either side. So I made the suit in hopes of just blending into the tall grass. Prolly wont work but it sounds kinda fun.

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to
    use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm still waiting too. Just around the corner. They are calling for temps Thursday night at 41 here! That is almost unheard of this time of year for us!!!! That will help me get fired up! I've also got half a roll of film from my deer came to drop off before the weekend. I fletched all of my hunting arrows last night with the 2" blazers. Tonight I'm shooting some more and then hanging the camo outside for a day or two. [:D][:D][:D] WOO HOO!! ALMOST HERE!!! [:D][:D][:D]

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    RockOn2.gifdance.gificon_smile_dancing.gifanim_bannana.gif

butt.gif

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    Bang yep Bang Bang Bang [:D][;)]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    My sentiments too bang!!!

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Until Next Year!!!
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I just found out hunting season opened up north for me today but I have no place to hunt up there so I have to wait 2 more weeks. I might chases around some turkeys though that and all the small game I can shoot at opens on the first

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
    edited November -1
    You better go knock on some doors.[;)]

edited November -1
    Hey hey you live in NY/ NJ is open from like Sept 20th how far for you.[?]
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    buckey jersey is like a 4 or 5 Hour drive from my house just to the border

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
    edited November -1
    Wow its only 4 hours from my house in RI to the Delwater gap yea thats kinda a long drive. well looks like a little less compitition for the rest of us.[:D][:D] Just kidding . your season will here before ya know it.[;)]
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To tell ya the truth I can't say Im excited about oct 1st [;)], I mean I only have a dance that night and have to take my date and friends to dinner but I AM HUNTING that morning [:D]. They can't stop me! lol
    edited November -1
    dance.gifdance.gifdance.gif

This is it, I'll be on the road tomorrow afternoon. I saw more deer last night than I have in quite some time. This will be another sleepless night.

RockOn2.gifRockOn2.gifRockOn2.gif

edited November -1
    Go get em Bang hope ya get one if not have a great time....[;)]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Good luck to all you guys whos seasons start this weekend!!!

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The wait is driving my crazy! Gonna drive up to the proprty Fri. night and set up the motorhome with my brother. Just whipped up a fresh batch of coverscent too! Now if I can just pick the right stand to sit in.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    yep, really strong north wind blew in last night. It was cold in the house this morning. The first frost does not seem far now.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Until Next Year!!!
    edited November -1
    I believe we are supposed to have spotty frost tonight.