In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

trigger finger

hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
ok, i know its a little too close to season to be changing things with your set-up, but try this little trick. i learned of it two seasons ago and it helped my grouping a LOT!

this will generally only apply to those shooting release aids, and beyond that the people who shoot wrist strap releases such as the common Cobra, or the Tru-ball Stinger.

most of you pull your trigger with your index finger dont' you? next time you shoot, pay attention to the angle this causes between your hand and your arm. even though it isn't off by much, your arm and hand are no longer pointing straight.

try shooting with your middle finger as the trigger finger. this allows your wrist and arm to be more (not perfectly) in line making it less likely to torque. it also gave me a little more stability because of less strain on the wrist. i shrunk my group size by an inch or more when i learned to shoot this way.

sometime when have a chance give it a whirl, it might just work for you too!

***____________________________________________
39 and counting.... deer that is.......***

Comments

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I have a copper john Eagle and the "trigger" is just above the first knuckle on my middle finger. First being the one closest to the hand. Anyway it is a combo of trigger and back tension. I agree it works great! I am still useing my 10 buck cheapy for actually being in the woods because that is what I practiced with and I stil have some getting used to shooting with a back tension type release.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I put my finger on the trigger, and keeping my finger rigid, use back tension to release it.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Until Next Year!!!