In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Squirrel Arrow

carson0384carson0384 Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
Just a little survey.......

I usually carry what I call a squirrel arrow. It is a little shorter (about 1/2 an inch) and I keep a field point on it. If a squirrel or rabbit, or even a coyote get close enough, I usually fling one out there.

Anybody else do this?

"Guns don't kill people, husbands who come home early do." -Larry the Cable Guy

"If I can't trust my self carrying my gun, I shouldn't be carrying it."

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I do. But I use an old broadhead.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Until Next Year!!!
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I will throw an arrow at a yote but it will have a BH also.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I like squirres dot want to kill em. If I see a yote broadhead on the way.[;)]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    judo points work
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I also have a yote arrow

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i always carry a bloody arrown in my quiver. it brings good luck, plus you never know (heaven forbid) when you'll have to put a second arrow in your deer and its a shame to waste another broadhead on a finishing shot. i usually won't shoot at a rabit or squirrel while deer hunting, i might scare away a potential deer. but if i saw a coyote.....[}:)]

***__________________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will shoot a tree rat if he/she rats be out to everything in the woods. You better beleive me I will take it out.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Cant shoot squirrles, * or opossums. I have this thing about killing things I have had as pets. I just cant bring myself to do it.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Cant shoot squirrles, * or opossums. I have this thing about killing things I have had as pets. I just cant bring myself to do it.

smilie_schuetze.gif

Oh good grief![:D][;)]

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i eat squirels [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I dont care if someone else hunts them or even eats them I just can bring myself to do it...

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Me neither gagirl they look so cute sitting up licking I mean eating their nuts. they are helpless and they don't bother anything. Unless I was starving I wouldent kill one. they were digging in my yard pretty good and I borrowed a pellet rifle from a guy at work and had the scope on one. right on his head and did not have the heart to pull the trigger. Go ahead guys let me have it. You big ice cream, fag whimp, yea yea yea. My daddy taught me if your not gonna eat it dont kill it[;)] if you kill it you better eat it.[:I][:I][:I][:0][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Saw a * under my stand last night... but NO WAY could I shoot it. He was soooo cute!!!!

This was my baby sleeping in my office chair. He was such a sweety!!! I miss him but he is better off(or so I tell myself) in the wild.
    Favorite treat... frootloops...

[:(]
    bandit.jpg

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what did ya relese him. thats pretty hard to do once you become attached. he's cute[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Buckey he was a hard one to release. He had been marked by humans for so long that he stayed around for MONTHS after we released him. He came back and forth for over 2 years but then quit. He climbed up a friends leg one night while we were outside smokeing whooo was that a funny sight! I am ok with all the others that I have rehabed but having to release him was HARD. I have some pics around somewhere of him with my daughter and a couple dogs we had in a pool. They really make good pets. Believe it or not Opossums are the best pet I have ever had. They are VERY clean animals contrary to what most believe. They easily train to use a little box and are very loving and ALOT less likely to bite. * are bad about biteing people when they pick a human as their "mate".

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hope you dewormed him, Baylisascris can kill a human.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Don't worry Bang she's not Human.[:D][:D][:D][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I hope you dewormed him, Baylisascris can kill a human.

Actually he was given shots and wormed. He was also "fixed". * get very agressive when they hit sexual maturity and I knew he would be a long term case and it was better to be safe than sorry. I did feel bad once I released him. I can just picture some female * wanting babies and he couldnt produce....[:(]

Buckey thanks for the compliment [;)]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use old arrow with a broadhead for any thing that walks by...if no deer are moveing then its WHACK! never hurts to keep tuned up on smaller things [:D] 3 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you kill just for the sake of killin thats not a hunter and just plain mean. why would ya shoot any thing that walks by.[?][:(]
  • Options
    carson0384carson0384 Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its not that I am killing to kill. If I get the squirrel, great. Thats just one more I can add to the freezer, same for rabbits. As for a Yote. they chase my rabbits, squirrels, and deer. I just need to take out the enemy!

"Guns don't kill people, husbands who come home early do." -Larry the Cable Guy

"If I can't trust my self carrying my gun, I shouldn't be carrying it."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If ya eat it you can kill it. if your not gonna eat it dont kill it. one exception. Cyotes just my view everyone is different.[;)]
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i posted earlier that i usually will not take shots at other animals while deer hunting. this is typically true, but there are exceptions. several land owners have asked me to shoot a fox if i see one. so i oblige. another land owners has horses and asked if i would shoot any groundhogs i see. keeping the landowners happy is important to me.

***____________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I wont shoot what I wont eat.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hr thats different they have become a nusense I m refering to shootin an animal because your bored there are no deer around and for the hell of it pinning a squirel to a tree. I know this because when I was younger I thought it was cool. but found out I was a fool[:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:when I was younger I thought it was cool. but found out I was a fool

Buckey and poetry? riaa.gif

Just playin' buckey, don't kick my *

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    when I was younger I thought it was cool. but found out I was a fool[:I]

He sounds like Mr. T[:D]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Until Next Year!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Real funny fellas, I pity the fool who kills a defencelss animal. Bang are you trying to say I'm a little light on my feet.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Picture001.jpg
    If you don't hit with this.You will scare em to death[:o)]
    Squirrels is food too. [:D]

MLMorgan
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Buckey did I say anything bout not takeing home what I shoot[?] NOPE I SURE DIDN'T [B)] Only thing that dont go is yotes,* doesnt open here til 1st part of Nov so I dont shoot them.And NO I DONT HUNT JUST TO KILL!

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)