In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Your SINGLE most interesting Hunt Story

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Seeing HSRacers' pics got me thinking. I'm wondering what everyone SINGLE most interesting hunting story is? My thought here is to keep things on the lighter side so lets make it a "FUNNY" story but has to be true.

I'll go first. It was about 5 or 6 years ago late in our gun season. It was after Thanksgiving and I was hunting with my buddies doing drives. (before I get flamed for that, it's legal here as long as I don't tag a deer someone else shot) I connected on a 9 pointer and trailed him to the edge of a striper pit. The trail just stopped. We spread out and started searching the edges thinking it had stated walking the bank. It was way too steep for the deer to go back up. Two of us circled around to the other side thinking it may have swam the pit. It was about 100 yrds wide. As I got to the end of the pit and elevated, I saw something floating in the middle of the pit. I yelled down and asked what it was floating. All I got back was laughter! My deer had died smack dab in the middle of the pit. It was getting dark and it would have taken at the very least an hour to get back with a boat. So, I dropped down to my scivvies and swam out and got him. It wasn't the biggest deer but I was very happy none the less. Luckily for me, the guy in our group that always has a video camera had just left before we started this drive. But I might have made a lot of money on funnest home videos![:D]

That's my funny story. Anyone else got any?

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi