In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

alpine bows

excaliburexcalibur Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
need some feedback on some of the alpine bows.

thanks
excalibur

Comments

• Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Myself and a buddy shot an Alpine a few years ago. At the time, they were good bows and were just as good as anything else on the market. They were just a little heavy and loud but overall, good bows. I know that the company has supposed to have made some huge changes in their limb pockets and are supposed to be some of the quitest bow out there now. I went from my second Alpine to my current Hoyt. One of the big reasons for the switch was that I couldn't find a dealer close that had them. Otherwise I would have considered them again. Hope this helps.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OOOHHH I seen the word SWITCH though you were going to a M A T H E W S[:D]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I don't know much about them, but I do like those dampeners Alpine has, I think they seem pretty cool. There was an article in bowhunter magazine a few months back about their new bow, article gave it good results, but I remember the model, just Alpine.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Alpine Denali is a quiet bow and fast. When I first got it I had a fletch eating problem. I solved that with a Montana drop rest. I have a Alpine Pro 3D also . It is a very dependable bow and as one poster said it is a bit heavy. That is not the case with the Denali though. This will be my firsts season hunting with it.

Picture004.jpg

MLMorgan