In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My buddy's opening evening

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, as you know from reading my thread on my major shooting problem, I didn't hunt all weekend. But one of my buddies was hunting Sat evening. This year is the first year that Indiana has ever had a fall turkey season. My buddy busted a HUGE gobbler at 15 yards. 11 1/2" beard and 1 1/4" spurs. I don't know a weight on it but I'm guessing somewhere close to 20.

As for my shooting problem, I was shooting at our cabin today. I shot 5 arrows walked down and got them. Then my buddy shot 4 or 5 and walked down and got them. I was getting ready to shoot again and I saw a tail flick behind my target. I started looking and there was a young doe standing about 15 yards BEHIND my target. Neither one of us had a broadhead close so we walked down to see how close we could get. We were about 15 yards away when a third buddy pulled up and spooked the deer off it was cool. Several of our lease guys saw does but nothing worth shooting yet.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi