In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My turn for a story.

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Got down to the cabin fri. evening, got the place set up, played with my new stand, then proceeded to drink beers with the guys. Get up sat. morning ready to freakin go, get in stand wait for daylight, and start with the fawn bleat (I'm doe huntin), in about 2 min. i have one comin, she stands right on the path I came in on, sniffs the ground, sniffs the air comes a little closer, no shot yet, she sticks around for 15-20 min. lookin tryin to find where the fawn is, she finally gave up and walked back the direction she came never givin me a shot. Only deer I saw on stand that morning, So I am headed back to the cabin to meet with the guys and go for breakfast, I am comin up the path and I see 4 bucks (3 very nice 1 spike)comin out of the beddin ground like somethin spooked them, they stop and look around like "what was it". So when I see them I just sit down, I have my stand on my back and they are only 30yrds from me so I can't move, they start moving again and cross the path 20-25yrds in front of me never seeing me and our path is big enough to drive down, anyway they get into some thicker cover so I get the stand off my back, I see them head down to the creek and I hear THuump,?, 2 come back my way, now it was at this point that I really see how nice the one is, He was freakin huge, rack and body, so he is stopped lookin back where the noise came from, he is 35 yards in thick stuff, I draw thinkin he will continue my way as soon as he cant figure out what happened. So I'm drawn and shakin cause he is nuts big, the spike put the eye on me bobbed the head up and down tyin to figure out what I was, then turned and high tailed it and big boy went with him. I later find out that the noise I heard was indeed a guy takin a shot at the big one but he missed. As I probably would have to shakin like I was. to sum up the weekend between Sat. morning and evening I saw 8 deer and 2 turkey and nothin down, not even a shot. Sun. saw nothin, hotter than crap[xx(]. Great time tho. Oh one of the guys in the group did get a doe Sat. evening but we forgot to get a pic.
Buckey I got the package and man thanks sooo much. nice pic too!!!
ben sorry I didnt call we were all tired and stinkin for sweatin sunday. We'll get together sometime this season.
Sorry for the long read!

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Great Story at least you saw deer I saw O. Too bad that spike picked ya off. Sounds like you would have had a shot at the big one. I guess thats hunting so close yet so far and it all happens so fast when your on the zone. Glad you got the package enjoy.[;)] North Dakota Sunday I will be on my way. i was looking at the weather there wednesday morning is going to be 19 degrees Ca Ca Ca coooold. the week Im going looks like 30 in mornings 60 afternoon should be good. I am going to start washing cloths and packing some stuff up.[:p]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Bang, don't worry about the phone call. I didn't make it back into town until about 9:00. I had one beer, and it was lights out.

Ben

00tinybuck.gif
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Good luck to ya buckey, I can't wait to hear your story when you return.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Good story bang, least you know he's there, now it's just a waiting game. Good luck

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent