In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Yet another story.

taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sat. morning rolls around and off to the woods I go. On the way out of town a cop stops me to ask what i'm doing out this early, and I almost make a smarta$$ comment but think better. After a brief conversation i'm off to the woods. As i'm walking I head out across the pasture and have a doe damn near run me over. Get to my tree and find my rope is wrapped around a limb(good thing I carry a spare). 6:50 I have a nice mature doe 20 yards to my right and figure what the hay i'm meat huntin. As I get ready to draw she looks to the left of my tree so I decide to take a peek myself. Low and behold a nice 120-130 in. 8 pointer bout 180-200 dressed. Yeehaw more meat[:D] so I turn, draw, put 30 yard pin on him and let er fly. About 10 yards from paydirt my arrow takes a nose dive and lands in front of him. all he does it look at it and walk away. All I see is a limb about the size of a pencil shakin. Damn limb anyway, I then look back to my right and the doe is still standing there. I say if yer stupid enough to still be here i'm just in the mood to punch your ticket. This time the arrow finds it spot right behind the front shoulder. She runs about 30 yards, stands still for about 5 mins then drops dead.

Sunday morning I have a very nice wide 6 pointer walking right to me, I draw and wait for it to clear the brushpile. All of a sudden a big bolt of lighting strikes and off goes the deer, followed closely by me[:D] I think I set a new record for coming down out of a climber. Still not a bad weekend, I hunted, took a deer and saw alot of critters so i'm a happy camper.

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    If I'm elected President, I'll remove all the "pencil size twigs" from all woods across the nation!

Taco!!! You should have let that cop have an ear full!

Next time you might be out for a different reason.

Ben

00tinybuck.gif
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:If I'm elected President, I'll remove all the "pencil size twigs" from all woods across the nation!

That would be enough to get my vote![:D]

Taco, glad to hear that you were able to get something. Give that buck a few days, he'll be back. You didn't * him bad enough. Then post a pic![:D]

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    awesome! glad to hear of another deer getting taken over the weekend. i am still jealous of this hunting on sunday bit. i get two chances to hunt every week, and that's saturday morning and saturday evening. no sundays for us!

***____________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Oh, and duh, Congrats on the Doe!

Ben

00tinybuck.gif
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Yep, congrats yo!!!

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Good job taco, on getting the doe of course, and holding your tongue to the law officer. [:D]
    He stopped to see what you were doing out so eary huh, sure sounds like our town [:D]. Did he ask to bum some of your coffee or if you had any donuts?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    good shooting my friend am i and gagirl the only ones that havnt connected yet

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't make it out [:(] But a buddy of mine got his 1st bow kill sunday morn. a buttom buck.

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Good Job TWIG-BOY.[:D][;)]
  • ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're hunting IL, right? What do you think of the new system of checking them in, by phone? All we seemed to hear were intermittent gunshots, like you do during shotgun season. We figure some of the country boys out where we were are gunning the deer and just calling in the bow kills and butchering them theirselves. Did have a nice buck turn broadside at 30 yds., but the other 2 he was with kept eyeballing me so I couldn't draw before they took off. A bigger 8 or 10 pt. seemed to intimidate them when he came out. Need the weather to help out a bit more this weekend.
    edited November -1
    I think it stinks, You have to tag it before you move it, but you have to call in to get the confirmation number. No cell signal where I hunt, try writing on a bloody tag that is wrapped around a leg with no solid surface behind it. Just my observations from the fella I was huntin with last weekend that got a doe.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this is our second year in Virginia for the call in system. i agree that it stinks. i liked taking it down to the local check station. i think it kept more people honest.

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hsracer201
    this is our second year in Virginia for the call in system. i agree that it stinks. i liked taking it down to the local check station. i think it kept more people honest.

And you got to see what others were bringin' in and hear some good stories.