In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

psrker bows

pheonix_32hunterpheonix_32hunter Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
i just bought a pheonix 32 bow and i was just wondering if anyone had any luck with them... ive had several other brands and just wanted to know if anyone had any problems with parker bows.. thanks

Comments

• Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the new bow and welcome to this forum! Never owned or even shot a Parker so I cant comment on them! What do YOU think of it so far by comparing it to the other brands that you have owned[?][?][?]

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Parker makes a good bow, my father owned one a while back he got his when Parker first started. They make a quality bow.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Dont know about parkers but welcome... pull up a chair and hang out ...

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 2000 parker faether mag- It fits me well. NOt the fastest bow,but fast enough very quiet. Have it set at 63 lbs, bow advertised as a 60-70lb draw weight. I cant shoot it faster than I have it set-too erratic-but that aint the bow, thats me.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Parkers aren't they a run off of MATHEWS [:D] But on the good side they are a very good bow [;)]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:surekill Posted - 09/25/2005 : 10:44:25 AM
    Parkers aren't they a run off of MATHEWS But on the good side they are a very good bow

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)

Actually Parker was started buy a couple of guys who used to work for Mathews and actually came up with the whole solocam idea. After this inovation they decided to go into business for themselves. Since then Mathews has come up with many new inovations, where as Parker although a good bow has come up with very few. In the begining some were wondering whether or not Parker was going to make it due to the lawsuit from Mathews. So thats Parker history 101.
  • Options
    PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wife has a Parker Micro Phoenix she absolutly loves it. My bow is a McPherson Hornet I love my bow but seriously considered trading it in on a Parker Phoenix myself.

"IF THE AMERICAN FIREARMS INDUSTRY IS SUED INTO BANKRUPTCY, WHO WILL SUPPLY OUR SOLDIERS."- NRA VICTORY FUND
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Welcome...hope ya stick around.

Gogo. Thanks for the 101, I had no idea.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    My brother has a mathews legacy and saw a good deal on a parker on e-bay so he bought it. Aside from a little hand shock when you release the arrow it was fast quit light and accurate. Best wishes with the new bow and welcome to the forum.[;)]
  • Options
    pheonix_32hunterpheonix_32hunter Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    well, the parker bow works well and the first arrow i threw into the ol meanie, hit him soo hard it nearly put him down on the spot..did a couple of kicks and (whammmmo)[8D] out like a light, didnt go 25 yards soo i think ill keep it and continue hunting with it... man those carbon arrows are fast..
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1