In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bow selection

hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
Does anybody have any opinions on Ben Pearson bows, specifically the spoiler. I'm thinking of buying a new bow, and am toying with the Ben Pearson idea just because I used to shoot a Pearson umteen years ago when I was a kid. I've killed deer with Bear, PSE, Hoyt, and Reflex, and am just thinking of trying something new, but don't know much about the new Ben Pearsons. Thanks

Comments

• hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine sent me this link on bow selection. It seems to have some pretty good information, but I'm sure it has some opinion too. I feel like it was pretty helpful for helping me decide what is going to be improtant in a new bow.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2007-Bow-Reviews/bow-specifications-charts-main.htm
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i wish i knew the information you are looking for. but i dont'. i don't have any experience about Pearson bows at all. hopefully someone will know...

***____________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Read this it may help you. I was impressd http://www.huntersfriend.com/freedom.htm
  • FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hadjii....I am the proud owner of two Pearson models. THe older Mcpherson Hornet VX and the Brand new Pearson Pride with angled handle. I have to say I love these bows. The Pride is a very quiet and extremely accurate bow. I especially likethe angled grip. This is a great invention that will see all other bow manufacturers coping soon. Keep in mind the Pearson Pride is a bow that was designed by using the comments hunters have sent in on what they want their bow to be. The Spoiler is an excellent bow as well. I know you will not be disappointed.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Brothers and I used the Spoiler for years and love it very fast bow, I just had to get the Switchback [;)]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
    edited November -1
    I looked at the Pearson Pride model and the Mathews Switchback, but I have a problem with both models. The draw length. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe both of those bows only go to a 30" draw length. I'm of the taller variety, and have long arms, so my draw length is 31" if I shoot with a release, and 32" if I use fingers, which limits my selections somewhat. Sometimes it really sucks to be tall.
    edited November -1
    I looked at the Pearson Pride model and the Mathews Switchback, but I have a problem with both models. The draw length. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe both of those bows only go to a 30" draw length. I'm of the taller variety, and have long arms, so my draw length is 31" if I shoot with a release, and 32" if I use fingers, which limits my selections somewhat. Sometimes it really sucks to be tall.
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Pearson Spoiler(1987 model). The Spoiler came in two models. One had dual cams (mine) and the other had round wheels. Everybody says why do you keep that old Pearson year after year. It is fast, accurate and reliable. Now if I can just get a deer to come by my stand........

"They call me Don. Dr. Jason Donald Dalinger."
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    That is true the Switchback only goes to 30" try tis site lists all bows and draw lenths there are quite a few good bow's that will fit you

www.huntersfriend.com

Picture001.jpg