In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bow fishing

bowhunter2bowhunter2 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
Anyone do this? I have been contemplating starting this as a way to give me something else to shoot. Any ideas on a bow for it? I dont plan on using my XT for this.

Comments

• bowhunter2bowhunter2 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi, I was watching a show about bow fishing and it seemed kinda neat. My uncle lives in michigan and his friend and him fish together and sometimes do this. I would like to know what are the basics you would need to know and what the price range of the equipment is. Thanks!
    edited November -1
    Do any of you guys use homemade equipment? If not, what do you recommend as far as factory stuff? When fishing in weeds and doing alot of walking along banks here in Ohio, I'm tired of using the old factory stuff.
    edited November -1
    Hello

What do you think about it
    Does any one practice it???

Can you send me some pictures
    michael.artmueller@gmx.net
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Looks fun, want to try someday.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i wouldn't mind to try myself. i saw a complete setup sell for $75 on AT yesterday.

***____________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i got a bow and a spool, no arrow and will try it sometime.
  • danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been bowfishing for years. It is a lot of fun. It is nothing to shoot hundreds of pounds of carp in a day when the spawn is on. I enter a tournament every spring also. Something in high 40's or low 50's lbs wins it every year. I never get a big one. Lots of fun though.

0311 semper fi