In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need input on Safety Harness

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been researching getting a new safety harness. I have narrowed it down to two. One is the Seat-O-the-pants harness that is similiar to a vest and the other is the Loggy Bayou harness combo with the fanny pack and small back pack.

Either one would be much better than the one that I am currently using and there are things about each that I like and dislike. My question for you all is has anyone used either one and what do you like and dislike about them? I have looked at others but these are the final two that I am considering.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Take a look at the hunters safety system. I have one the harness is sewn into a camo vest with seat buckle type sinches . A snap to put on even in the dark and I hung myself with it you stay upright and pretty comfortable.[;)]www.huntersafetysystem.com

badassbuddy_com-chinesefir1.gif
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I don't have one but have considered the one buckey is talking about.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had considered one of these until I saw a guy doing a test of this type. He was going to do three different types of "falls" using the HSS and a SOP harness. His own words were that after the first fall where he tried to fall as lightly as possible, the HSS hurt his groin area so bad that he felt like continuing the test could lead to an injury. He even went so far as to contact the company to make sure that he had it on and adjusted correctly. He did. I'll try and post that link.

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/articles/harnesstest/

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Yea well thats because he nost likley did not follow the directions ... Your supposed to hook the main strap high enough on the tree so that you never actually fall you just swing to the side. so you get your feet back in the stand. If you leave slack in the strap and fall yea its gonna hurt. I did step off my stand and hang myself just to how it would work. I'll be honest The groin area was feeling some pressure but nothing unbearable. A lot of guys hook the strap too low and god forbid if they fall 2 feet before it becomes taught . Yea its gonna hurt. Maybe the had giant nuts[:D][:D][:D]

badassbuddy_com-chinesefir1.gif
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Have one that came with my stand but I am getting the same one that Buckey has(well they have 2 that I am looking at) as soon as funds allow.

its all about pucks and bucks
    batman_logo_30_2.jpg