In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ArrrrrrrGGGGGGGGGGh Update

Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
10/6/05 I get off work at 4 PM. Fly home in my Ford pick up . Throw my camo's on ,grab all my hunting gear and by 555 I am ready to shoot. At 6:40 I put My lock on my tree stand for in the morning .Then I light a cigarette. I'm puffing away when this buck steps right in view by some bushes 15 yards away. So I put out my smoke stand strait up and grab my bow that is hanging on a limb, reach in my pocket get my release and the buck steps out 22 yards. In a broad side shot. I let him have it. He looked to be a six pointer maybe an eight. He stumbles and turns back the way he came from. I sit down and get my flash light out of my pack. I decide to wait 15minutes. I get down and walk to the point where I shot him counting the yards as I go. I went to the spot I seen him lasts and find a drop of blood on a stick. And shine my flash light to see where the next blood is .The flash light goes dim and I can't see anymore. It is to drop down to 45 tonight . First light I will be looking for him. I hope to have picks tomorrow.
Note to self . Have fresh batteries in back pack from now on.[V]

MLMorgan

Well it looks like I just nicked him with a low shot. I found my arrow this morning. there was no blood on it, but there was some white hair caught in one of the blades. I did a good search this morning and no more blood any where. I figure when he stumbled he was just kind of ducking. Looks like I shot to low .Any way when he left he didn't run off . He just turn and went back the way he came and never saw me. One thing I can say about my Alpine ,it is quiet. I plan to stay there tonight and in the morning. The signs show lots of movement in this spot.

I'm sending a couple of pics. One is my tree stand with my home made blind system and the other is where I got the shot at the buck. The small tree in the center and then the branch to the left on the ground. He was just beyond that. I should not have missed him .Bad OKIE BAD OKIE.

Fallhunt05001.jpg

Fallhunt05003.jpg

Comments