In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bedding Deer

FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
This morning I went out in the woods and about an hour after daylight I had three does come up from my right....I stand up getting ready for a shot and low and behold, the all three decide to bed down about 30 yards from me! I would've taken a shot, but all three were covered by some brush of limbs. I had to let them lay...Seeing how I only had about 3 hours total to hunt I decided to start making some "nature" noises but the finally got freaked out and left. Back the way they came....no shot[:(]

Comments

• Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ah...the joys of bowhunting. i've had that happen to me twice. there really isn't much you can do but wait them out or run them off.

***____________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    happend to me twice also, I tried getting down and sneaking up on them once...and it would have worked if it weren't for that dang ole twig.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.