In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

YAAAHOOO!

furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
Saw 3 deer tonight! Out of range by about 25 yrds, but now I know where I will be next time! (1 doe, 1 fawn, 1 buck. Too dark to get an estimate on the rack.) If it's brown, it's down.

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains...No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue: and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."-Patrick Henry

Comments

• hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    its good that you got to see some deer. just move your treestand a little bit and maybe next time they will be in range. especially that buck!

***____________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me personally, I don't think that I would move just yet. Hunt there a few more times and see if they keep travelling that same path. Last year, the first time I saw this buck was about 30 to 35 yrds out. The next time he was 18 yards and I hit him but couldn't find him.[:(][:(]

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    Me personally, I don't think that I would move just yet. Hunt there a few more times and see if they keep travelling that same path. Last year, the first time I saw this buck was about 30 to 35 yrds out. The next time he was 18 yards and I hit him but couldn't find him.[:(][:(]

waco.gif

I hunted there twice more. I saw them all each time. Tonight I moved a bit closer, (portable tree stands are great)and saw those three, and, I think, two more. They are crossing a boundary fence further down the line than I thought. However, from this new spot I was able to see where. Now I have to get closer. The doe and her fawn came CRASHING through about 6:45pm. I had a deer walk through at about 4:00pm, just as I was fastening my safety harness, WITH MY BOW ON THE GROUND YET! I have to get out earlier.[:(]

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains...No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue: and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."-Patrick Henry
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you are doing the right thing. You're getting their pattern figured out. Go get em and then post pics![:D]

waco.gif

• furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    Sounds like you are doing the right thing. You're getting their pattern figured out. Go get em and then post pics![:D]

waco.gif

I watched them again last night. They stay just out of range. I think I will hang tight for a few times before moving again. I think I am close enough now that they will "meander" into range. If someone out there can tell me how to do the picture thing, I will gladly post my kill. If I don't get skunked![:D]