In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NO!

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
I went to start shooting my broadheads the other day and I am shooting VERY low than what my sights were set at?? I re-set them and still am usually shooting low...should I move them again? Also I have noticed that sometime I grip my bow wrong with my left hand (Im right handed) could this be a factor....sometimes my sights are off a little from me holding it wrong.[?][?]

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no no no don't move your sights! Make sure you are using the same wieght tips for practicing as you do broadheads

first you need to get your bow to group broadheads, say at 20 yards. get 6 arrows to group good. Take three of those arrows, put broadheads on. Take shoot the three broadheads, then the 3 field points. Move the rest, left or right, slightly up or down untill you get your field points and broadheads in the same group.
  • danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WARNING....you may lose your mind trying to get broadheads and field points to group together! Some setups it can be done with, MOST it cannot.

The short answer to your problem is to get some hands on help with your shooting and tuning of your bow. Second choice is Larry Wise and a few others have put out some good books on the subject. No one will be able to write in a post all the possible causes and solutions to them for your problem.

0311 semper fi
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I would say to work on your form before you go to far. If you know your not holding it right get that corrected first. Your field tips and broadheads should group the same. I would do like suggested and make sure you have the same grain field tip and broadhead. I have infact looked at 100 gr BH on the shelf and for some reason (excessive air in head) when I purchased the heads I had picked up 75 gr.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a. Gun, did you get this problem figured out?

***____________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    The only group I care about being on target is my broadheads. I don't care if my practice arrows are even on the pie-plate...as long as they are grouping.

I site in for my broadheads, and I practice "grouping" with my practice arrows.

Ben

00tinybuck.gif
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    I have noticed that sometime I grip my bow wrong with my left hand (Im right handed) could this be a factor.....[?][?]

Uhhh..... yeah! Though usually the arrow will go left or right if there is a gripping issue.

Try not "gripping" with your fore hand at all. Just use it to "push" the bow forward.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man