In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

opening day or a second date

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
HMMMM thats a tuff question isnt it? What to do What to do

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you only live once for a second date, or that massive 10 point 150 point boonie
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would go for opening day [:D] Never know when the big boys going to walk by [:p]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My life goes on "pause" during deer season. It took my wife several years to understand that. I work way too hard during the off season to not take advantage of every opportunity to hunt. Granted some things come up but I do everything I can to minimize them. Plus my wife now knows not to make any plans that include me during deer season. (for the most part of course)

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    why can't you do both? stay out a little late for your date and then powernap a few hours and then go hunting. or if opening day falls on the same day as your date; go hunting and then go out for the date after its dark outside. have the best of both worlds.

i have actually stayed out all night on friday night and headed to my treestand without ever sleeping.

and you also have to weigh your options. are you hunting a PY? is the chic super hot?

***____________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:are you hunting a PY? is the chic super hot?

Yah, lets get our priorities straight here. Do you have a pic of her? I say hunt women are a dime a dozen.[:D][;)]
    Just don''t tell my wife I said that.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    carson0384carson0384 Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hell take her on hunting date! I wouldnt want it any other way. spending time together and not having to listen to her nag! lol

"Guns don't kill people, husbands who come home early do." -Larry the Cable Guy

"If I can't trust my self carrying my gun, I shouldn't be carrying it."
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    opening day, I've never found a date to be better than hunting unless it's a sure thing then...well you know. [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    If she understands that hunting is a part of your life then she will understand you want (need) to go. If she does not understand that then go anyway because it wont work out in the long run.

its all about pucks and bucks
    batman_logo_30_2.jpg
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personally I'd go on the second date, for 2 reasons later on in the hunting season when it gets cold out it sure is nice to have someone to warm up with, and if you are fortunate enough to bag one she might even cook it for you. One of the reasons my ex is no longer with me (her choice not mine) was I used all of my vacation time every year for my hunting and fishing excursions, she went fishing with me but hunt camp was for the boys no girls allowed.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Now that i just checked my calender Im missing opening day any ways because im coaching in a football game that day so apple picking will be the next day on sunday. Im pretty sure i can squeze her into my hunting plan for the day [:p]. That reminds me I have to check to see what stands are active.

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.