In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

got an old hunting spot back

hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
Finally!!! i got one of my old hunting spots back. i met this elderly gentleman early in 2003 through a mutual family friend. he allowed me to hunt his property during the 03 season. i only got to hunt there about 3 times, but 4 deer left in the back of the TOYOTA. keep in mind i wasn't really friends with the landowner. opening afternoon of 04 i showed up to hunt and the property had a gate on it. it so happened a car pulled up and they informed me the property had been bought by them the day before! it has taken a lot of talking to get access to this spot again, but they finally agreed and gave me written permission again! its the most beautiful 170 acres i have ever seen. its mostly just rolling pasture, but in the back corner, near the creek, deer always walk out in the afternoons. i watch 24 deer come out of there the first time i hunted. now i'm so excited for saturday afternoon that i can't wait!!!! and i'll take some pics and post them so you guys can see what hunting in VA is like.

***____________________________________________
39 and counting.... deer that is.......***

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:but 4 deer left in the back of the TOYOTA.

That thing will hold that many?

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    congrats on getting the honey hole back

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds great! I have a great uncle near Richlands VA that I tired to hunt with last season but things didn't work out. I was hoping to hunt in the Jefferson national forest. He owns a cabin (once was my Grandfathers) that borders the Nat Forest. It's actually walking distance too! I have tried for YEARS and YEARS to be able to stay and hunt out of that cabin but it just hasn't worked out. The rumor mill in the family is that I might get the cabin when my great uncle passes. If he does! He's almost 90 now and still lives by himself and drives like he is 16. It's either all on the gas or all on the break! Looks like he could out live me and sometimes I hope he does.

Here is a question for you HS, do you know or do you know where I could find out if I would still be a non-resident if I owned the property and cabin? I know it's only an acre or two but I would still have to pay taxes on it. I was just wondering about that. It's only about a 6 or 7 hour drive from my house.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311

Here is a question for you HS, do you know or do you know where I could find out if I would still be a non-resident if I owned the property and cabin? I know it's only an acre or two but I would still have to pay taxes on it. I was just wondering about that. It's only about a 6 or 7 hour drive from my house.

hmmm...i'm in the wrong business to be giving advice for that question. but my guess is that if you own the property, and there is a dwelling on the property, and you stay in it at least part of the year (that's the trick is how much % of the year you would have to live there to be considered a resident) then you can get an in-state license. hmmm...i dont' know for sure but i will try to find out something and let you know.

quote:Originally posted by bang250
    That thing will hold that many?

not at one time they didn't. i got 1. then 2. then 1 more. but i have had 3 deer in the truck at one time [8D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    slash, try these

Virginia Fish and Wildlife Services
    800-344-9453

Virginia Dept of Interior
    202-208-3100

If they neither one know they should at least be able to point you in the correct direction.

• Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I'll check them out tomorrow!

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi