In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Slow today

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
this place is crawling slow today.

wake up folks!!!!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Dadgum! lets get some action in here y'all. So I picked up one of those stands that they had at Dicks for $32 after tax and all(Thanks headzilla). I will put it up in a little tree line and see what happens. I will get some picks of this little tree line but it has deer signs and the brother in law saw 2 bucks when combining the field on the south side of it so hopefully it will pay off. If it turns up to be to slow I will either take it to another place close by along the river or take it down south and set it up.
    So what is everyone else up to? Workin hard? Hardly workin?

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hardly working here. definitely a slow day altogether. slow at work, slow on here, slow on my motorcycle forum.

how do you like that stand you picked up? i've seen them but haven't got to sit in one, are they pretty secure? i would use some of those, but i go crazy if i dont' have a wrap-around bar in front of me. i dont' like heights at all.

***____________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well i am going to go out and shoot before I got to go to work.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hsracer201
    hardly working here. definitely a slow day altogether. slow at work, slow on here, slow on my motorcycle forum.

how do you like that stand you picked up? i've seen them but haven't got to sit in one, are they pretty secure? i would use some of those, but i go crazy if i dont' have a wrap-around bar in front of me. i dont' like heights at all.

I haven't got it set up yet, hoping to today. I use to be really afraid of hights, Now I am not so bad I can go fairly high before i get nervous. I'll let you know how it sits.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Don't forget to carry a 12"X12" piece of plastic sheeting. When those damn seats get wet, they'll soak you down to your skivies!

Ben

00tinybuck.gif
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    quote:how do you like that stand you picked up? i've seen them but haven't got to sit in one, are they pretty secure? i would use some of those, but i go crazy if i dont' have a wrap-around bar in front of me. i dont' like heights at all.

the seat is not the most comfortble seat in the world but im 250 pounds so most seats arnt to comfy to begin with. Just bring a foam pad to sit on and u will be fine

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Let's talk about Chevy/Ford/Dodge that should get a stir going. [:D]

Bang, you got that at Dick's for $32? Is it pretty decent? I've never seen one in dick's for under $50, maybe our Dick's store around here sucks huh. Oops those two word in the same sentance could be bad. [:I]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    now why would you want to go and talk dodge/chevy/ford and not include toyota? everyone knows a toyota is the best truck on the road. not to mention the best looking....

• Options
    edited November -1
    I will take the seat off and put it in a dry place. doesn't look real comfortable for a long sit but I probably won't sit to much.

Susp. yep $32, it was reg. $39.99 on sale. My dodge will whip your chevy
    and who the Heck would drive a toy-yoda, silly boy, toys are for kids.

uuhhh!! huh! huh!, uh you said Dicks sucks, huh! huh!

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    [brMy dodge will whip your chevy
    and who the Heck would drive a toy-yoda, silly boy, toys are for kids.

(screaming real loud) Bring It! [:D]

yoda? Why the heck are you talking about silly star wars stuff, that's just all make believe. [;)]

The old Chev has a rather large bump on his bumper, was cutting a load of firewood a couple weeks ago, afterwards I had some barely beverages before loading it, then backed into a big stump. [:D][:I]
    It'll still take an challenge set forth by Mr. Chrysler though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    toyota, toyota, toyota, toyota, toyota, toyota, toyota, toyota, toyota, toyota, toyota, toyota, toyota, toyota, toyota, toyota!!!

it might not be the biggest, or the fastest, or the strongest, but they are the most dependable trucks you can buy. i've had mine 160,000 miles and all i've ever done is put a valve cover gasket on at 100k and a clutch in it at 140k. i've had it half way up the door in mud and it has NEVER seen a mudhole that could get it stuck. i LOL at your chevys, fords, and dodges!!!

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Will keep my FORDS. I still have old blue that is an 87 150 4x4 with inline 6 and he has over 325k on him and still is running really well. Show me any "Toy" that lasts that long....

its all about pucks and bucks
    batman_logo_30_2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am going to jump on the toy, not with my dodge because it only has 12,000 on it but with my old chevy, I sold it with 185,000 3yrs ago, I saw it in town yesterday still goin strong. I didn't ask him how many miles she had now but I would speculate well over 250,000 just because I know he drives a lot.

Hey susp. have you seen the comercial where the guy cuts a tree and it falls on his car? I know a guy who did that....to his bosses suburban. Nice to know my long distance beer buddy still has time to consume some of americas finest.[:D][;)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have seen that commercial bang, pretty funny. I sure would hate to do that to my boss though. [:D]

I do have a wood cutting story, this one time, after band camp. [:D]
    Helped my brother in law cut up a couple loads of wood, his toyota couldn't haul a full load so my chevy had more than a load on it. On the way out the toy got stuck once, had to pull it out, then it broke the drive shaft so then I had to tow him out of the woods to my dads barn so we could fix it. Not to say all toyota's are like that, it's just a story.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    I have seen that commercial bang, pretty funny. I sure would hate to do that to my boss though. [:D]

I do have a wood cutting story, this one time, after band camp. [:D]
    Helped my brother in law cut up a couple loads of wood, his toyota couldn't haul a full load so my chevy had more than a load on it. On the way out the toy got stuck once, had to pull it out, then it broke the drive shaft so then I had to tow him out of the woods to my dads barn so we could fix it. Not to say all toyota's are like that, it's just a story.

lol. great story there suspension. i can see i am not going to get very far defending my beloved toyota.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Great story Susp. I love the opening line!

Now if the Toyota would have been a Dodge there would have been no problems, and all would have happy endings![:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks bang! [:D]

Now hsracer201, I wasn't making reference to your truck, just a toyota my brother in law used to have. It's all good man! I'd take a ride from you if I was broke down (like that would ever happen) [;)]
    just kidding, had to get one last one in. [:)]