In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

day after opening day spot

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
where to hunt is the question here.

option one brushy over grown apple orchard with a funnel leading into it with an acorn ridge only draw back is im only 10 feet up in an apple tree and have about a 14 yard shot to take {night stand}

option 2 the turkey stand the turkeys come in every day but it is now hunting season so they will be gone. its and iffy deer stand located on the top of a ridge deer need pressure to go through this area {both}

option 3 the pine tree thicket always good for a doe and if its raining I wont get to wet. down side to this stand I have to ford a creek that not to deep but we have gotten about 6 inches of rain since saturday and its 3/4 of mile back into the woods and id have to use my climber to get into a tree.{both}

option 4 the 6 acere blow down giant hemlock trees that blew down last summer the area was also logged the winter before. deer love to cruise around this mess its also close to option 3 and i could set up between the 2 in a funnel {both}

option 5 the maple ridge stand deer cruise through but not with predictability.I shot my first buck with a bow out of this stand advantages very nice view of the woods and it is very pretty this time of year and coyotes love to die under this stand and there is a pretty god buck running around this area from last year {morning}

option 6 go to the new hunting area that i can hunt and just set up an acorn flat that has 2 corridors leading down into a swamp on the back side of it also surrounded by alfalpha fields {have NO idea}

where to go where to

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.

Comments

• Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    option 5
    then option 2, depending on the wind for that day. actually all of the spots you describe sound like they have good potential.

***____________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I would go with 5 or 6. Around here, this time of year we have to hunt the food source. That is where the deer will be for us.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi