In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Point Blank New Wave

TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
My brother wants me to get into bowhunting and said he will give me a bow he won at a banquet a few years ago. It is a point Blank "New Wave" bow. I am happy to get anything but I was wondering what the opinions here are of Point Blank bows and particularly the New Wave. Thanks.

Justice through Valor 1*

Comments

• Stormtrooper 13Stormtrooper 13 Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All I know about the bow is it was FREE. [:D]

ENJOY!!

qman_lr_105t.jpg

Only the strong shall survive !!!
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    hard to beat the price...never heard of it,sorry.
  • TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess I gave you boys only part of the information. The bow is made by Proline. The model is Point Blank New Wave. I'm a bowhunting newbie, so I apologize.

Justice through Valor 1*
  • shikari44shikari44 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Teamblue,

Take the bow. I own two Point Blank New Wave Bows. Yes they are older but when I have gone shooting indoors I have more guys come up to me ask me about my bow because it is very quiet. Also, it may not have the need for speed (fps) but it will drill a quarter at 20 yards everytime. One thing you have too watch out for it is short, so it is not very forgiving. I actually bought one about 11 years ago or so and then won one in a drawing the following year.
    Another caution is the overdraw guard is pot metal so be warned I broke one in Colorado as I learned my lesson the hard way when on a horse have your bow in a hard case not a soft one as when a horse has an itch they look for that nearest tree and don't care what side your bow is on.

Good Luck

Mike