In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Topic for sunday

excaliburexcalibur Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
what should someone do if ya shoot two deer?

excalibur

Comments

• Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends on if it were by accident, or if the state you live in allows you to take two deer per day. Here in Ohio we're allowed 2 doe and 1 buck per hunter per season. I'm not sure on how many we're allowed to shoot a day though? Never planned on ever tkaing more than one a day lol

"Cabela's is my Wal-mart"
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Well we can shoot 10 doe and 2 buck per season down here. Next year it looks like they will be upping it to 12 doe and 2 buck per season. So 2 deer in 1 day I would be 100% ok with because I would still have several left on my harvest record.

its all about pucks and bucks
    batman_logo_30_2.jpg
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well Agun is in a different part of the state then me. I can in my county I live in shoot 2 deer, one buck and one doe or two does. If I go west a quarter of mile and hunt in a different county, which I do, I can only take one deer.

Anyways, If my father also shot two deer a year that would be a lot of meet and woudl probably give some of it away and make lots of jerkey
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    pray that it is legal to do so then make lotsa jerky and trail.
    Not postive, but I believe in Ohio you can harvest more than one in the same day, but the first deer must be taken to the checking and checked in prior to hunting for the 2nd.

You trying to tell us something excalibur?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    suspension, you are correct about the two deer rule.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot two in one sitting last year with a rifle.
    Whadya do?
    Go wake up your partners who decided to sleep in cause they were drinking all night, and get them to help you drag them in.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man