In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Got a buck, opening day, in the rain

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
OOOOOWWWEEEEEEE!
Got up 530 opening day, was raining cats and dogs. Thought I might wait til it was light out, try and still hunt-changed my mind, got up into my stand half hour before sunrise.
About an hour after getting in the stand, decided to half a cu; of cofee. Put my bow on the holder, grabbed my thermos poured a cup, had maybe 3 sips when I saw a Buck 30 yards away.
He was heading right under me, decided to wait until he got under the stand before I grabbed my bow. Came out from under my stand, stopped 18 yards out-I put an arrow right in the middle of his chest. Found him five hours later(no blood). About a half inch shy of an eight point.
Got home and started butchering. Man I messed that deer up. Went through his chest and the broadhead buried itself in his shoulder. But thats OK, Im happy as a pig in poop.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
-Jimmy the cheese man

Comments