In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I did it..

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
I finally got me a deer, nothing to write home about. In fact I should have let him walk and I started to. I got on the radio and asked someone to talk me out of shootin it and the only response I got was don't shoot. So I picked up the camera and started shootin pictures of him, then something came over me, a voice in my head said..."dude you are about out of meat"
and I was still mad that I missed a doe that morning.....twice same doe. so I put the camera down and took the shot. 30yrds very slightly quartered he ran maybe 40 yrds and fell over. Hit him right in the pump station.
I smiled a little to late for the pic, oops
ENOS got one too but I'll let him tell the story and post the pics. Unless he takes to long then I'll post it.

DSC00024.jpg

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Poor little thing, I mean great shooting bang! Good eating coming your way very soon. [:)]

Do I see dodge tailights or a poorly constructed tree stand behind you? [:p] [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Congrats!

its all about pucks and bucks
    batman_logo_30_2.jpg
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bout damn time,[:D] yer still one behind me tho[:D] Congrats also.

00deer4.gif
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice job bang, congrats.

39 and counting...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Poor little thing, I mean great shooting bang! Good eating coming your way very soon. [:)]

Do I see dodge tailights or a poorly constructed tree stand behind you? [:p] [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Susp. You crack me up!

gagirl- when can I start razzin ya. I've only been out 2 weekends and got one down already. just givin'you a hard time.[;)]

Taco, I hope to catch up to you soon, although I probably won't make it back out until Nov. then I will be out every weekend.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I love those nice YOUNG tender ones nice shooting

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    good shootin', Tex!

I want to hear the story about the DOE! Did you have a little girl come under your stand and make a fool of you, and your friend Matt?[;)]

Ben

24.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    good shootin', Tex!

I want to hear the story about the DOE! Did you have a little girl come under your stand and make a fool of you, and your friend Matt?[;)]

Ben

24.gif

Yep, that pretty much says it, except she was an older lady. A really nice doe. Ok heres the story, I was jsut about asleep when I realized I was just about asleep, so I opened my eyes and the first thing I see is a doe closin in and close enough I can't move til she gets behind a tree. Soon as she gets there ,about 10-15 yrds, I stand up and draw all in one motion take aim she comes out around the tree and stopped like sayin shoot me. so I released. shot right over top of her, she hops around in a circle to about 25-30 and offers another shot, so I nock another arrow, aim release this time the string catches my face mask and almost takes my face with it...missed again and the DA just trotted off like hmmm... something keeps flying by at a high rate of speed I better move. I basically just rushed my first shot and didn't take enough focus time. But Matt being so quiet and all never spooked her.[:D]

• Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good job BANG.Nice Pic.

MLMorgan
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MMMMM....Backstraps![:p] Nothing wrong with filling the freezer! [;)]

Ruric, NE OHIO,