In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Story

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Hunted monday and tues day saw some nice bucks, but they were not in bow range or no woods to put a treestand. saw one buck go buy these hay bales 2 days in a row the same way. I asked the guides if I could use the hay bales as a blind. They looked at me like I was nuts. but they asled the farmer to put four bales upright at the end of a row with 10 to 12 bales. On wednesday afternoon about 2:00 pm I got inside the circle of hay. tied strings across the openings that were only 12 inches wide. I then drapped hay over the strings to conceal myself. then in the warm N Dakota sun Ol Buckey fell fast asleep[:0] when I woke I slowly peeked out of each hole and saw there were some deer on the feild mostly does and some small bucks. about 6 oclock or so I saw a buck comming from the back side of the feilds. then the bales were in the way and could not see him till he came on the other side. I slowly scrambled into position with my bow when I got a small glimps of the deer I drew the bow in the second opening when he steped in front BAM I hit him in the shoulder and he dropped in his tracks and never got up again till we lifted him in the truck. It was pretty exciting to get the deer on the ground. [;)]

Mathews1.gif

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Good story Buckey! Nice deer pictures too. Congrats to you and your brother.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    good story i love hay bale blinds

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Coooolll! thanks for sharing.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great job Buckey! Bet those guides didn't look at you strangely again![;)]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ENOS29
    Great job Buckey! Bet those guides didn't look at you strangely again![;)]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..

Yep they did, but that's just cause he is STRANGE looking[:D] BTW Great story bud.

00deer4.gif