In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bowfishing?

bub8889bub8889 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
Do any of you bowfish? If so what set up do you use. Do you use your target/hunting bow. what weight. I want to give it a try but don't know much about it. Any info will help. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been bowfishing for years. I prefer a recurve and a cheap one at that. You will be tossing it in the water, mud, bottom of the boat ect. About 40 to 50 lbs is good for me. "retriever" type reel is the best in my opinion, solid glass arrows. I prefer a tip that I forget the name of.....might be "stingeree". When you turn the point the barbs un-lock and you are able to remove the fish. I use 50 lbs dacron fishing line for the carp around here. It is a lot of fun.

0311 semper fi
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I have not tryed it yet but have been told the same about using cheap recurve.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am going to go some time. I already have a reel and spool but its not on my bow. I have an old bow that I am going to use. It is a compound.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave
    Shoff14: are you talking about one of the round reels? It screws onto the front of the bow and you just wrap the string around it? If so be careful that is what I was using when I got hurt. String tangled and arrow came Back and stuck me in the knee. Was a real oopsy. [:D]

That be the ones, I have the your story in the back of my head all the time. Gives me a chuckle, even though it was a serious thing. Just imagining a guy with an arrow coming back and hitting him in the knee. Thats a knee knocker, no pun inteaded. :)
  • Options
    bub8889bub8889 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info everyone, itis greatly appreciated