In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I screwed up :(

shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
I dry fired my new protec [V]. I was playing with the wieght a little and trying to get everything in spec. Well, I was also playing with my release, trying to get it to be a little more sensitvie to "suprise release". It suprised release all right, at about 3/4 draw and wham bow string hits my arm, bow goes bouncing out of my hand does a flip on my nice tile kitchen and comes to rest. Me, being in disbelief and shock, just kind of stood there, like WTH just happened. This is one of those things that can make a grown man cry. [V]

Now something is f-uped [V] and I haven't even got to shoot it yet. Either the cable stretched or the top axle is bent, I think it is the axle though. [B)]

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    [:(]I'm sad for you bud. Best get it in the shop, ASAP. You don't want to miss any hunting.

Ben

24.gif
  • Options
    Nwatson99Nwatson99 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man that sucks, sorry to hear about that.[V]

gallery_1_11_351.png
    http://www.ar15armory.com
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    ouch that stinks

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    [:(]I'm sad for you bud. Best get it in the shop, ASAP. You don't want to miss any hunting.

Ben

its not my hunting bow, its the target bow i just bought, I have only had it for 3 days. It at my shop now.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    3 days...[:(]

Ben

24.gif
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hate to hear that. It could have happened to the best of us. Good luck getting it fixed!

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry to hear. look at the bright side, at least it wasnt' your hunting bow.

39 and counting...
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    hugs.... I can say that cause I am a girl...lol....

sorry man....

its all about pucks and bucks
    batman_logo_30_2.jpg
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I feel for ya man, I hope it is a cheap fix.[V]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    bub8889bub8889 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That sucks, but be glad you weren't on stand. I had that happen I few years ago, don't know if I screwed up or release did but the end result was the release hitting me in the bottom lip putting my teeth through the lip and falling out of the tree stand, i had my harness on but it still ain't easy getting yourself back on solid ground from the position they have you handing in. My bow fell 20ft and the only thing wrong with it was a broken stabilizer.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    WOW that Sucks I was gonna make a joke but even I cant find it in myself to kick a man when hes down. I have a spare bow if that ones gonna be any lenth of time will be happy to ship it to you to use till ya get yours back if your in a pinch let me know.... You Dope[:D]sorry I couldent resist say the word I'll ship the bow....[;)]

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that shoff14. Been there, done that. [V]

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OUCH!! Bin there also[B)]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man I hope it's a painless ending to a horrible beginning! Good luck!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well i just screwed up the cables, got them retwisted and the bow back into spec. I was glad the axle wasn't bent, although it seems it wouldn't have cost to much more. Cost me $15 bucks for them to take it apart, check the axle and then fix the cables.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shewww you were lucky huh....good to see that ya got~er~back

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)