In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Check this rest out!

Comments

• Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting. I figured it was done with magnets. If I understand this thing right, once you draw, the magnet at the end of you arrow will "Lift" it into the correct position inside the rest. Then once released, I don't see where it would be any different than a fall away. Some of the questions I have are about weight and speed difference. I would think that it would add quite a bit of weight and thus slow your speed. I may be wrong though. This would be one that I would like to see and try before I buy. At over $100, I won't be buying one any time soon. If anyone get one, let the rest of us know.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Looks like trouble too me. seems too touchy after reading. If you happen to over draw or shake the arrow can possibley stick to the side of the rest. I'll stick with the biscuit. I would love to try one for the heck of it though. It's inovative concept.

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:If you happen to over draw or shake the arrow can possibley stick to the side of the rest

Hey Buckey, where did you see that on the site? I looked around quite a bit and didn't see that. I would think that the polarity of the magnets would be pushing away so it would not be possible for it to stick. I plan on looking at this some more later today. I am very interested for one for next year.

waco.gif

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Slash click on set -up instructions

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Found it! Thanks Buckey. Seems like a pain to set up also. Where you have to shim your arrow up to the height to get you nock height. Plus, it seems like this is a two person job at times too. The more I read, the more likely I am to stay with my WB. I like this thing, but not sold on it yet, especially at $100+!!

waco.gif

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    let me find the links from AT

They are saying that the magnets are so strong that that won't happen buckey. However, you have to have your bow set up correctly to and soft wall bows are not very good to use with it because of what you said.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=239501