In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Awesome day bow hunting...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
I saw somewhere between 60-100 deer....at least 20 bucks. I passed up numerous shots...even a nice 10 pointer behind me at 10 yards. I saw a very nice buck with a large rack but did not get a shot at him. I saw two bucks fighting eachother. It's pre-rut here, so there was all kinds of playful action. I saw two foxes. I had deer around me the entire time I was in my stand. I could not put my bow down or sit down for 4 hours straight. Everywhere I looked, there were deer. I finally ended up shooting a 6 pointer about an hour before dark...passed up numerous other shots after that. Man, I love hunting on rainy days![8D]

Eric
allamericanarmsco@frontiernet.net

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This post is worthless with out pics! [:D]
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    congrats u have seen more deer hunting in obe day than i have in my life

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the kill, hope it's the first of a few this year.

00deer4.gif
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats! Hope you will eat well on that one waiting for your next!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    Congrats on the kill, hope it's the first of a few this year.

00deer4.gif

Should be the first of 10-15. I usually end up wasting the first 3/4 of bow season waiting on the big one...not this year! I've decided to take them as they come...as long as they are decent sized deer...changed my mind yesterday evening in my stand. I'm a meat hunter, so we usually put 10 in the freezer and give away 4 or 5 each year.

Eric
    allamericanarmsco@frontiernet.net

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated