In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

String nock???

matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
Does adding this to your bow change point of impact?

When I had the metal nock on my string, and used a Cobra release, all was fine. Then I had the archery shop put a string nock on my string and I shot way high, like 12"-18" high! This was from 20 yds.

ibewbug.bmp

Cowboy%20Star%20Sm.jpg
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doi you mean a D-loop?

It may change the point of impact because a metal d-loop nock is heavier then a string d-loop.

Or when the loop was put on, the nocking point is a lower then what you had before and the bow may need to be tuned a little to get the nocking point correct since a 1/16" of an inch either way is a big difference down range.
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just grab the knot on your D-loop with your thumb and index finger gently twist and push or pull for up or down on both knots until the desired affect. It doesn't hurt to put a bow square on and check it also. The nice thing about a D-loop is you can adjust the up or down easily and it will stay there.

MLMorgan