In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pix of some muleys

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
here is a photo of some Dumb muleys. P1010009.jpg

Mathews1.gif

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    OH how I would love to shoot a dumb muley. I was tellin the wife the other night that is one of my dream hunts, Muley, Elk(probably never happen) and hog.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bang There are a ton of muleys there. You can stalk them out in the bluffs and couleys. I Took a nice pix of a muley buck on top of a high ridge with the moon behind him looked fantastic . Well I guess it was too dark out cause the picture didddent come out. This would have been a pix to go on the cover of a sportsmans magizine. I will postiing more. Have a nice weekend. I will most likly hit the woods tommorrow morning its supposed to rain for the rest of the wekend here in the NE[xx(] PS dont drink too much[;)]

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    10-4, headed for the woods myself tomorrow and Sun. I am really hoping to stick a doe.

Drink to much? who me? I am going south with a guy originally from Wisconsin. Then with taco, enos, and ben on Monday. I'll have a 3 day drunk goin on[:D][;)].

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Sweet pic buckey. Thanks for posting.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Great picture Buckey.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They all skin heads[?],,,,Nice pic also

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    When it comes to bowhunting the only "dumb" muleys are the baldies and young bucks. Jump a mature buck and he may stop and look back after he put 80-100 yards between you and him but more likely you'll last see him topping a ridge a mile away. The only weakness I have found is that when they are heavily feeding they pay a lot less attention to what is going on around them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I saw some nice bucks there and I'Ll tell ya what if there not hunted heavily. they stand there too.[:p] I easily got whitin 70 yards without even trying that hard . if it were a whitetail I would have been busted easily. I think it depends how hard they are hunted. and what part of the country. Where abouts in Dakota are you from???

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    From the NE corner. I make a 8-9 day trek west every September to chase big ears. Haven't shot that many but then I set my minimum standards at a heavy 3x3 or better and keep my shots under 40 yards. The biggest problem I run into is that at that time of the year they are still in bachelor groups of 3-8 and that is a lot of eyes to beat. I have found that it takes at least a week long hunt to consistently get close to decent bucks. About 3 days to locate them and the rest of the time setting up a stalk. I usually average about 5 stalks in a weeks time. If I can't get close enough I'll wait till the deer leaves or back off and try another day. I try to never work the same buck or bucks more than two days in a row. When I was younger I used to cover probably 15 miles a day. Now I cover 1/3 of that and see as many or more deer. 9-10 am and 1-2 pm have been the times that I most consitently spot deer. See a few whitetails there too but disease has hit them pretty hard the last few years. few years back I had a spike feeding 20 yards from my tent when I returned to camp. Mine for the taking if I had wanted him.