In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ok the deer are teasing me

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
Its 5 minute passed shooting light and im getting ready to climb down. so I hook the bow on send it down 3/4 of the way down i hear running and look up to see 2 doe running right at me which i thought was strange because why would they run at me if "I" spooked them. one of them runs right under my bow on the row i mean within five feet of it and runs out into the field where they have a little pow wow to celebrate out smarting the stupid hunter again. But they are not looking at e they have their eyes on another deer coming through the woods and they are down wind of me with the wind blowing right at them. which i cant see now because its way to dark. So what do u think a buck chasing the does or coyotes chasing them right before they ran by me I heard a pack of yotes near where they ran out of.

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    probably the boogy man!

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should of dropped something heavy on a doe, aim for the head [:p] lol.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Next time, try singing her her some AC/DC when she looks up at you and thinks, "Man, that's the most worthless rendition of 'You shook me' I've ever heard", put an arrow in her.

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Probably a buck or bucks. I have also encountered swirling winds that caused deer to catch my scent from a direction other than what would appear to be downwind only to have them run right at me.

The larger bucks and large does have been teasing me all season. I have tags for either and the only things that gets close are the fawns and small buck. And it's not because they know I am there. The larger ones get in range but never seem to move into a shooting lane or offer anything other than a "south end" shot. They eventually just wander off leaving me scratching my head.