In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wind

surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
How much wind do you hunt in [?] Today it was blowing up to 30mph I think thats way to hard. I like it between 0-10 myself.

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)

Comments

• A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The night I shot my buck it was blowing near 40 mph lol. Rediculous but I had a feeling it was gonna shut up around the last hour so I went. Come about 6:15 (dark at 7) I rattled a good bit then minutes later my 8 point came in undetected...I smacked him at 20 yards[:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I've seen deer walk in some stupid windy conditions.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    the last 3 times i have been out its been blowing between 15 and 30mph and have seen deer actually down wind of me

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I used to hate hunting in the wind till I re-dicovered still hunting. It makes sneaking up on deer a lot easier.
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do you guys hunt heavy winds? Do your stratagies or tatics change?

Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824

Made_in_USA_135_Black1.jpg

us-flag1.gif
    IMG_8700145.jpg
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The wind is my friend.I seem to see more deer on windy days and they don't see me.[:o)]

MLMorgan
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    hunt into it like any other day

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive read deer like to bed down with the wind behind them, expesially at the edge of a hill or shelf. They can smell anything coming from behind them and see anything below. The air moves down hill in the evening and up hill in morning because of warming and cooling. If I was still hunting Id' go along the edge of a hill instead of into the wind. But Im too clumsy to still hunt.

Joe
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Stihl, bought time you came back, thought your old lady clobbered you and threw your carcus out behind the building. [;)]

Oh yeah, windy days. I like to hunt windy days, anything up to say 20mph. It helps with getting rid of your scent, covers your noise. Not sure that deer move more or less though, one bad thing is you definately have to see them coming in because you can't hear them on windy days.

To much wind makes my stands sway alot and that scares me. [:I]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoulda said if you where in a treestand. "D'OH"

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)