In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Very sad day of hunting

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
I took off work today, hunted from light to dark and only saw two deer the entire day. That was when I was about 40 yards from my truck. Guess I may have seen more if I hunted from the bed of my Chevy instead of those silly woods. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I only saw one today to. Its just so hot out the deer arnt moving till night. Damn doe was smart she came down a 4 wheeler trail busted me and walked away so did some turks we i twictched to swat a skeeter

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Today was about the same temp, not as much wind though. I saw about a dozen does and two small bucks (spike & a fork horn). Went to cut wood at noon so I didn't hunt this evening.

I haven't been seeing as many turkeys this year, least not while hunting. There's still flocks in the fields as I drive along.

Your rain stop up there headzilla? Finally getting to hunt dry?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    sus ya the rain has stopped but its been about 55 or better for the last week and its been windy but i like wind. I didnt get a chance to go out today i had to watch a high school football game and i couldnt get up this morning i playyed alittle to hard last night

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    lol, playing hard is good. takes a toll on the morning hunts though. [:D]

edited November -1
    I hate morning hunts . I make about 5 of them a year anyways so no big deal. I just cant bring myself to get up at 5am i just cant do it

• A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love to morning hunt turkey, deer is another story...in turkey hunting you're waking up to action. In deer hunting you gotta wait lol. I have seen all the bucks I have ever killed in the evening, and seen probobly 90 percent of the bucks at evening. ( Usually last 5 minutes)
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got this a.m. to go hunting walked outside temp said 79 at 6 am so went next door saddle one of my friends horsesand rode all day seen 3 nice bucks now i know where to set up next week