In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Illin ois deer hunt

hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
Hi guys and girls, greatings from the deep south. I have finally got finished with my hurricane clean up and can now start deer hunting. With all of the problems that Katrena brought with her to Mississippi you will never know what a pleasent suprize it was to find a set of Illinois deer tags in my mail box. I watied to late for the archery drawing but I will be there during the first gun season. I will try to get in on the archery hunt next time as long as a hurricaine does not mess up hunting plans again.
As soon as I get back from Illinois I will let you know how I did. I will be hunting around Allendale in Lawarnce County.

Hornet

PS As bad as the pictures you saw on TV were of the hurricane destruction, belive me it was much worse for the folks that lived right on the cost. The best way to decribe it is to look at some old film footage from London, England during WWII and you will have a good idea what it looked like. There are still plenty of people living in tents because they have no home to go to. I have my brother-in-law and sister-in-law living with me, they lost there home also. Most folks that have a home have other family's living with them. Count your blessings and I hope non of you ever have to go through something like we did. And to top that off we have to deal with the insurance compamys, not a plesant thing to do.

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Glad to see your back hornet. Let me know if there is anything you need or I can do.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    if ya need help with anything just ask and i can see what i can do

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hornet i know how you feel still waiting on my ins here we was lucky ,you guys got the brut of that storm. gl with the clean up and hope you kill a big one on your hunt
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the offers. I am all squared away now except for the battle with the insurance company over replacing my roof. Good luck to all you hunters out there.I am off to Texas for a bowhunt to warm me up for Illinois. I will let ya'll know how I did in Texas the first of next week. This will be a bow hunt for fallow and axis deer. All free ranging and every bit as tuff as a whitteil.

Hornet
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hornet
    Thanks for the offers. I am all squared away now except for the battle with the insurance company over replacing my roof. Good luck to all you hunters out there.I am off to Texas for a bowhunt to warm me up for Illinois. I will let ya'll know how I did in Texas the first of next week. This will be a bow hunt for fallow and axis deer. All free ranging and every bit as tuff as a whitteil.

Hornet

good luck. a friend of mine killed a fallow deer last deer. that thing is pretty cool looking.

40 and counting...