In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hunting report and Tornado update

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
First off, the area that got hit by the tornado Saturday night was my area. It was about 10 miles south of my house. Everyone in my family is safe even though my sister-in-law and her family live right across the street from where it hit. So far 22 people have been killed and it's being called the deadliest tornado to hit in 30 years. One entire family (cousins to a friend from church)was killed in Warrick county away from the trailer park that is getting most of the attention. They have said that it was mostlikely an F3 in size but that it could be upgraded to have been an F4 once they do more observations from the air today. An F3 would be VERY rare for this area and an F4 would be almost unheard of. It hit at 2:00 am and the weather guys didn't expect the storm to get sever let alone produce an F3 tornado. It wa traveling at 60 miles an hour and since most people were asleep, didn't hear the storm sirens going off.

Now, on a better note, my hunting was great. I didn't get one, but I passed on several small bucks including an 8 pointer that we had a game camera picture of. He was a 1 1/2 year old and has more growing to do. Last night I saw 3 different bucks and passed on two of them. Two others were fighting just out of my view but I could hear them going at it. I saw deer all weekend and also passed on seveal does. Two of which were at less than 5 yards broadside. (almost saying "shoot me" but I didn't) This coming weekend is the opening of our gun season so all bets will be off on the patterns. But I have an area that none of our guys have been in for at least two weeks if not three. I know there is a very nice 8 pointer that I got on film in there. As long as the guys next to us haven't been trespassing, he should be there this weekend because that is where I'm going to be!

waco.gif
SGT.jpg

Chevrons were earned, not given! Can you say that? Semper Fi!

Comments