In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

broad heads

ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
thinking about trying mech. broad heads been using muzzy's does anyone have any suggestions on which ones to go with or should i stick with what i know

Comments

• surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stay away from Eastman Firstcut they S##K..If I were you I'd stick with what is working [;)]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah I would hate to shoot at a nice buck then have them not open and him either run a mile or two away or never find him.
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One brand...Grim Reaper.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    muzzys work for me shot a buck in the shoulder this year. dropped him in his tracks with a muzzy..[;)]

Mathews1.gif
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    muzzys and thunderheads are my two of choice.

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grim Reaper! The only mechanical worth shootimg!

KungFu.gif
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only mechanical that me and all of my hunting buddies is the Vortex. I personally use the 125 grain 2 blade version while a few other of my buddies use the 3 blade. The reason why I like the 125 grain is easy; MASSIVE 2 3/4" cutting diameter when open and only 7/8" when closed. They fly just as well as my field points. With that large of a cutting diameter, they really help to finish the animal off if the hit is less than perfect. I have helped recover deer that would have never been found using any other broadhead from where it was it. This is assuming that you are going to be hunting whitetail deer. I have a buddy that doesn't recommend using mechanicals on larger animals like elk.

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I started using the DeadHead Reaper this year, like them so far.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.