In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Deer Jerkey

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I made some deer jerkey last night came out pretty darn good.

1. sliced back straps 1/8 thin about the size of a strip of bacon
2. Put them on a big cookie sheet.
3. ground fresh crushe pepper on them and sprinked salt.
4. put some crushed red pepper hot on them . ten pressed it in real hard
5. put them in a bag poured 1/2 bottle teraeki sauce in the bag mixed all together then vacuum seales the bag and let it sit over night.
6. next day after work put a tooth pik in each peice and hung tem from oven rack set the oven to 170 and let dry for 4-5 hours . preso it was deliciuos and real easy to make.[;)]

Mathews1.gif

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I have never used straps for jerky. Interesting thought. you have made me hungry for some jerky now[:p]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • carson0384carson0384 Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too Made a little Jerky last week. I just chunked out all the meat for jerky and ground the scraps for burger. After slicing it up I maranate(sp) it overnight with the "special" seasoning. Then the next day I fired up th smoker, and about 4 hrs later. Bada Bing. Jerky, and OH MY is it good. I think we went through 5 lbs in like 3 days!

Just made my Summer Sausage last night. Took it over to my buddies to get get smoked. Did about 70lbs. 16 Sticks. SHould be ready tomorrow! Can't Wait!!!

whatnow.jpg

"Guns don't kill people, husbands who come home early do." -Larry the Cable Guy
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    The ammount of jerkey you get from the ammount of meat was stunning. Now I know why its so expensive to buy.

Mathews1.gif