In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A thought for dippers

jellomedicjellomedic Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
I was pondering about deer hunting while I should be working(much like most of us) and a friend was dipping that new apple skoal. It filled the room with this apple sent. It got me thinking that there are cover scents for everything but your breath. And since apple scent is an attractant for deer, would this work as a coverscent for our nasty breath?

What do you other hunters think about this[?]

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    someday somebody is going to capitalize on my idea of acorn flavored chewing gum.

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they like my wintergreen pretty well. i've had numerous deer come in close to check it out. i dont' like the apple stuff tho, and at $4.50 a can, i don't think so.

40 and counting...
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    Actually...they have breath scent covers out. Saw some last year at Gander Mountain. Haven't looked this year. It was a "pine flavored and scented" chewing gum. Not too sure I would like chewing on a pine flavored piece of gum!

EDIT...found a link to the stuff I was talking about. Still sounds nasty to me though!

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/conservation/news/2004/1027/1910301.html
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I chew on actual pine straw.... green off the tree. I always have since I was a kid. I dont know why... dont ask...

its all about pucks and bucks
    batman_logo_30_2.jpg

tanz_tubbies3.gif
    Lt. Col. Winky Girl
    clip_image001.jpg
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gagirl it must be a southern thing because i crew pine straw also lol
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Yea it must be a southern thing. I get up Brush my teeth. then have a coffee. and head to the woods. I think bad breath is a deer attractant. YOU PEOPLE WATCH TOO MUCH TV. These hunting shows are hunting for suckers and catching them with all tis nonsense.

ONCE AGAIN I"M NOT BEING SARCASTIC......

DONT FORGET THE WIND AND JUST HUNT. a deer cant smell ya if the winds not blowing in his face. I have a question WHO FARTS IN THE woods, I'm going to market a fart scilencer with a charcole lineed tube you stick up you * who want's one.[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Mathews1.gif
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I've used my butt to grunt in bucks before, so your product might be counter productive.

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I usually spray my * with scent killer just to tone it down. I'd hate to knock myself out of the stand with the killer budweiser stench.
    This weekend should be a good weekend totest a fart silencer, I will be having beer (in mass quantity) and chili one night, sloppy joes and beer (in mass quantity) another night and a mexican rice dish and beer (in mass quantity) another night. the remaining nights will jsut be beer (in mass quantity)[:D][:D][;)]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    anim_rofl21.gif O MAN I;m laughing so hard.

Mathews1.gif
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Wow, how topics stray so far so fast.
    1st. they make baking soda based tooth pastes, baking soda is a natural deodorizer, I use that.
    2nd. southern woman chewing on pine straw has been in some of my dreams over the years. [:p] [:D] [;)]
    3rd. Buckey, if you come up with a model that doesn't get "stuck up there" put me down on the order sheet.
    4th. Bang I'm rolling!!!! [:D][:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    chit is a natural oder am i correct? why should a deer be worried about it

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • jellomedicjellomedic Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well in that case I will just s#@t myself while I walk to my spot. Even if the deer * I will be warm and squishy inside me undies
  • carson0384carson0384 Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, didnt need that LOL!!!
    quote:Originally posted by jellomedic
    Well in that case I will just s#@t myself while I walk to my spot. Even if the deer * I will be warm and squishy inside me undies

whatnow.jpg

"Guns don't kill people, husbands who come home early do." -Larry the Cable Guy
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wow, that went to far!
    edited November -1
    sorry I am a medic nothing groses me out.
    edited November -1
    SO what I get from these replies is that our breath realy isn't as important as most books say. So just brush drink, eat then set out for the kill. Cause if the apple skoal didn't work I was just going to rinse my mouth with some tink's JK
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jellomedic
    SO what I get from these replies is that our breath realy isn't as important as most books say. So just brush drink, eat then set out for the kill. Cause if the apple skoal didn't work I was just going to rinse my mouth with some tink's JK

I wouldn't go that far, maybe just use some doe urine in a spray bottle, kinda like breath freshener. [:D]
    I'm stilling sticking with the baking soda tooth paste though.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent