In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

This defines small deer

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
PB060051.jpg

My Friend Frank Shot this Last week.

Mathews1.gif

Comments

• hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    man....that's not that little. i keep forgetting to download my pics from my camera....

40 and counting...
  • carson0384carson0384 Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have to say this is a little deer! what did it dress out at? 80lb?

whatnow.jpg

"Guns don't kill people, husbands who come home early do." -Larry the Cable Guy
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that's about the size of our normal does here in bama ours bucks are not much bigger the biggest i seen on our land weighed 155
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Yup about normal here for does too. I have seen some bigger and alot that are smaller.

its all about pucks and bucks
    batman_logo_30_2.jpg

tanz_tubbies3.gif
    Lt. Col. Winky Girl
    clip_image001.jpg
  • FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the most shocking thing about this post is that Buckey has a friend! [:D][:D]

Sorry.....had to take my shot.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FANNIN
    I think the most shocking thing about this post is that Buckey has a friend! [:D][:D]

LOL, funny stuff.

That would not win the "Bambi of the Year" award in my area, but it is pretty small.

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    That deer was born this past may 6 mo old.....[:(] I dont know why he shot it cause it was a little button buck but sometimes from a distance some folks cant tell. gonna be good eats.Dressed 60 lbs. like a dog size.[:0]

Mathews1.gif
    edited November -1
    dressed 60? wow. That is small.

Ben

elefuns5038.gif
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
    edited November -1
    Yep he was tiy he looks bigger in the photo because Frank is far behind him after he was dressed you could lift with one hand... I try not to shoot the little ones any more I feel bad that there entire life span was six months[:(] BOO HOO however if someone else shoots one I will happy to help consume it.[;)]

Mathews1.gif
    edited November -1
    While yes, they are easy to clean and dress out, and taste way better than most, it isnt worth the tag. The average doe around here is 120-140. And I have seen 2 buck over 200 already this year. If any of you want to make the Indiana Journey to kill some big deer, just drop me a line!

whatnow.jpg

edited November -1
    There's a lot to be said for a deer that you can fit in one beer cooler.

A few years ago, I was out pistol hunting w/ my buddies, and shot a baby, and drug it back to the car. I was standing there, and my two buddies came walking up. They're asked, "Did you get one?". I was like "Yeah, you're damn near stepping on it." They didn't even notice it when they walked up.[^]

Ben

elefuns5038.gif
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
    edited November -1
    Where I used to hunt in NJ thre were some small one by the end of one week we ate the better part of both of them....[:p]

Mathews1.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by carson0384
    While yes, they are easy to clean and dress out, and taste way better than most, it isnt worth the tag. The average doe around here is 120-140. And I have seen 2 buck over 200 already this year. If any of you want to make the Indiana Journey to kill some big deer, just drop me a line! We have some big deer here I just shot a doe that dressed 135 live 170. here is a photoPB010045.jpg

whatnow.jpg

Mathews1.gif
    edited November -1
    wow. the biggest buck i've ever killed was a healthy 8 pt and he weighed in at a monstrous 138 lbs. which is pretty decent for around here. does tend to run 70-90 lbs dressed.

40 and counting...
    edited November -1
    Yep the further south the smaller the deer...... florida they are like small dogs. Saskatuian They are like Ponys[:0]

Mathews1.gif
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    Nothing wrong with that deer! Guarantee you it will eat better than a big buck! Around here, there are SO many deer. There is no limit on does. Well, you can only kill 3 per day, if you can call that a limit! [:D] I wouldn't mind having a freezer full of deer that size.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    that deer is bigger than the one i shot the other night

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
    edited November -1
    What did ya do make a sandwich out of it. I saw the size of you head that deers not gonna last long[;)][:D]

Mathews1.gif
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    60lbs that a gut pile here in Iowa [;)]But I have shot little 1's myself..

Hey Carson0384 where abouts you at? I'm leaveing in the morn.. hunt around Rockville/Waveland area in Parke Co.

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
    edited November -1
    Im about 20 miles south of Souh Bend. You gonna be close?

quote:Originally posted by surekill
    60lbs that a gut pile here in Iowa [;)]But I have shot little 1's myself..

Hey Carson0384 where abouts you at? I'm leaveing in the morn.. hunt around Rockville/Waveland area in Parke Co.

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)

whatnow.jpg

• daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks tender & delicious!!!!
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Before I shot my buck this year I missed a doe...she wasn't that big lol. I shot right under her[:(!]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    Before I shot my buck this year I missed a doe...she wasn't that big lol. I shot right under her[:(!]

don't worry. the little ones are harder to hit.

40 and counting...
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just wish i could get one close enough to shoot with my bow
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    That deer was born this past may 6 mo old.....[:(] I dont know why he shot it cause it was a little button buck but sometimes from a distance some folks cant tell. gonna be good eats.Dressed 60 lbs. like a dog size.[:0]

That is dog size, my lab weighs 73, plus he moves way to fast for me to get an arrow in him. [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet it will be tender. Did it still have milk on its lips ??

a1peteshooting.jpg
    Abort Cuomo