In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I sure was mad this morning at 5:30

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
I took off today to hunt so last night I got all my stuff together and put it in the back of my truck so I could sleep as long as possible this morning. Got up, showered, jumped in the truck, got to my parents, started dressing, went to grab my bow case and it was gone! I left it in the garage in case in rained last night. [:(!]
I drove home got it and went back, it was light by then. I saw a couple nice ones today, they sure seem to be moving heavy around here. Going back out tomorrow.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Such is life. I hate it too. I made the mother of all blunders this season when I left for a weekend hunt, got up in the mountains, and realized I'd forgotten my release! I got to play "guide" for my hunting buddy the rest of the weekend. [:(!][:(!][:(!]

Now I velcro my release to my bowstring. Never gonna let that happen again. [xx(]

Neo-Jedi Order
    th_reblogo.gif
    Jedi Knight
    th_23031.gifth_22987.jpgMWC '05
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    o almost did that this year with my climber got to the ebd of the drive way and noticed it wasnt there

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Maybe this just isn't my weekend to hunt. [:(]
    Saturday morning I got my stand (remembered my bow this time [:D]), tied my bow up to my string, started climbing the ladder, about 4 steps up the grunt call hooked on my pocket goes between my leg and the ladder rung so it goes off really loud. I was like great, oh well at least it's dark. I get all the way up, my safety harness is not there so I sit and start pulling my bow up, get it half way up and here comes a deer off the ridge behind me crashing, snorting, smacking trees like crazy. I froze, looked around the tree and it was a pretty decent buck I could see in the horizon on the ridge, he stomped around for a bit until he finally winded me then he bounded off the way he came and I finished pulling my bow up. [:(!]
    The rest of the day I saw does and one little fork horn. After it got light I saw my harness down below my stand in the briars. Must not be safe if it falls out of the tree without even having a person in it huh. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I once got into my stand nice and early everthing perfect ....[:0]

Except I had no release[:(!]

Mathews1.gif
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I was so deep in thought and running everything through my head for my hunt that I was just walking out for then ENOS says to me hey, what you gonna shoot with.????? I was walking out to go hunt with no bow in my hand. left it sittin on the cooler by the cabin door.[:I]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.