In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I finally scored on some wild game. I know this is a archery forum and I wish I had a deer picture to share, but this is all I have scored on so far. Here is how it happened. My son and I went blackpowder hunting this evening and we jumped a deer on the way in, then we split up and I went to my stand and set up. almost immediately 5 gobblers came strolling in. I decided to take a shot and missed. [V] About 40 minutes later this gobbler came by and I decided to try to redeem myself and he dropped in his tracks. [:D] I just wanted to share a pic. Not archery and not a deer, but tomorrow is another day and we will be hunting a hot spot. I hope to post more pics of a deer tomorrow night.

BRG00002.jpg
    BRG00001.jpg

"They call me Don. Dr. Jason Donald Dalinger."
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice good eating there
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Good job! Congrats!

EhlerDave, I can't tell the difference from wild to store bought. My wife thinks they taste "gameyer" whatever that word is supposed to mean. [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EhlerDave, to answer your question about wild turkey being tough, I think it is all in how you cook it. The storebought birds are injected to keep them moist while cooking. You can do the same at home with the injectable marinade and an injector. Just pick what flavor you like and inject the bird and put it in a Reynolds Oven Bag. The key is not to overcook it. I actually like a wild turkey better than storebought if it is cooked right. Another good use for the injectable marinade is a front shoulder or hind quarter from a deer. I know a bunch of people who don't like the front shoulders on a deer, but if you know how to prepare them, they are really good. Inject the front shoulder (I like Cajun Garlic Butter Marinade) then smoke it on a watersmoker for about 3 hours and the meat is fork tender. Try it sometime.

"They call me Don. Dr. Jason Donald Dalinger."
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    nice shooting i hate them things. I can kill deer but not them for some resaon

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    bowhunter2bowhunter2 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulation man

a nice gobber
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice job.

41 and counting...