In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My weekend.

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
Friday, I went over to Indiana, and drank w/ a buddy.

Saturday, I went hunting early in the AM. I bumped about 3 when I was walking in. I don't know if you remember me talking about the little doe that I talk to sometimes. She's real cute, and I can have a conversation with her, and she'll just look and listen.

Well, Saturday morning she came running through, and I'm thinking "here we go, she's being chased!". So, I get ready, and here comes this little piss-ant forky. So I wait until he's about 65 yards away, and let out a long deep grunt. He stopped cold in his tracks. So, I waited, and he started to take another step forward, so I grunted again, and he stopped. I'm thinking, "You a-hole, leave my pet alone." So I got out my snort call and gave him 3 aggressive snorts in a row, and that little dude took off like somebody turpentined his *. Be scared forky!!! You leave my baby alone!!!

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
elefuns5038.gif
Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
un_medal_ikom.jpg

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you came to Indiana and didn't tell me?
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Yeah, and I thought about you and Slash...and...I think I may be forgetting someone else.

Friday at 7:00pm I decided to go visit a buddy in Vincennes. Was there at 9:00pm, got real drunk, and was back out of Indiana by 1:00pm the next day for deer-huntin'. A very abbreviated trip.[:I]

Ben

elefuns5038.gif
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Are you sure this wasant a drunken dream[?][:D][:D]

Mathews1.gif
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you talk to your deer?

41 and counting...
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    This isn't just any deer. I'd about bet my * that her mom was killed last year, and she has never partnered up w/ another deer. She kind of wanders through the woods chasing butterflys, and looking up and saying "hello there Mr. Hunter. What am I?". She'll follow you like a stray dog at times. I don't think she knows what she is, and wanders around looking for an answer. I sure hope nobody shoots her, because she's certainly an easy target.

Ben

elefuns5038.gif
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vincennes is only about an hour or so north of me! I used to live about 10 miles south when I worked at the Maximum security prison near Carlise! I was pretty well busy all day Friday and then hunted all weekend. Oh well, there's always next time![:D] Hopefully no one will shoot your friend but don't count on that here! I heard a few years ago that someone had a small buck that was orphened by a car. This family took it in and raised it. It would come to it's name and even had a bell on a collar. You guessed it, season opened and all they found was the bell and collar! Wanted posters were up for a long time!

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!