In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fannin

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
This is a conversation I had with a friend this morning (on Yahoo) and I thought you might be interested in it.

Eric : working hard?
Nadine : trying to get some stuff done... so I can go get boat ready for the morning
Eric : i hear ya
Nadine : you?
Eric : do you remember what you asked me about a couple of weeks ago? you know that you said was gross
Nadine : yeah I asked if you had tried it
Nadine : I plan on trying it this weekend... why?
Nadine : (put a couple in the freezer last week)
Eric : well from what i saw last night, it's definately worth a try
Nadine : why?
Eric : i tld teresa about it the other day and when i got home yesterday she had one for me
Nadine : ok and?
Nadine : did you take it out last night?
Eric : i hung it on a stick in the middle of the yard last night, i have been feeding the deer back there for 7 years.
Nadine : how did they react?
Eric : i usually see about three different bucks a year
Eric : last night there was 5 bucks in the back yard at one time last night
Nadine : were they responding to the tampon?
Eric : they hung arund ans hurrased every doe that came in to eat.
Eric : it was unreal
Eric : two of them had good racks
Eric : i haden't ever seen those two before
Nadine : huh... well I am going to try it this weekend
Eric : it was unreal
Nadine : cool
Eric : they were just walking back and fourth just hanging out
Nadine : how long before they were comming into the smell of it?
Eric : i have no idea how long they stayed there
Eric : the wind was from the woods tward the house last night, i don't really know how the smelled it from the woods but they were there
Nadine : well David and I have been jokeing about the fact that my first archery deer will be taken over a tampon
Eric : it may be
Eric : lol
Eric : mt next one may be
Eric : my
Nadine : I will be out in Buffalo Swamp after noon tomorrow or may be in the Cathead tract
Nadine : we are going duck hunting in the am
Eric : im gong to wilcox tomorrow afternoon
Eric : cool
Nadine : hey were the bucks smelling it like they do a wick?
Eric : yep
Eric : it was funny as hell, they would walk up to it and just stand there with their noses to it, then they would start smelling the ground real herd like they were trying to trail it
Nadine : well I am also going out sunday after church so if you get out there buzz me on my cell I will be in my truck
Eric : i think im going to tie one on a string and drag one around and around in front of the stand when i hunt
Eric : ok i will
Eric : im not sure if i will be staying or not, if i don't i will hook up with ya
Eric : the does didn't pay any attention to it, it didn't seem
Nadine : k sounds good hun
Eric : have a good weekend
Nadine : you too hun
Eric :
Eric : bye bye

Eric seems to be pretty sold on what he saw.

its all about pucks and bucks
batman_logo_30_2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's unreal....I wish he had pictures.....no....wait....I don't know if I want to see that....actually, pretty sure I don't want to see that.
    Anyway, Thanks for the info, I am anxious to hear how your hunt goes. By the way, I'll be going qwack whacking my self this weekend, so good luck, and hope you get your limit!
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    [:0][:0] Secret Rag code A'[:D][:D]

Mathews1.gif