In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

time to put the bow away

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
and break out the 11/87 its gun season in the am[:D]

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.

Comments

• Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gun season here but found a hundred acres to bow hunt so i will be hunting both wys to bad i have to work today perfect hunting weather here
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go get them headz [:)]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    We had a youth gun season over the weekend, our regular shotgun season opens on the 28th.
    goodluck headzilla

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Went shotgunnin this weekend, 2 more down. 5 down for season now. I did shotgun for the first time last year and didn't care much for it but it was guaranteed meat so I thought I would do it again this year. Well with 3 down already I didn't really need to but wasn't goin to waste my tags. I have decided this year I do like it, it is a different kind of hunt. I was really dissappointed again in the activity, I still see nothing that resembles the rut. I can only presume that it is happening at night.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Any thing big Bang???? doe buck lets hear it. Did ya get the cable yet??

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Both doe, I am bucked out for the season. The first one I shot was a good one the second was a little smaller than I like but still an adult. I only have one pic of the first one and it is of where she ended up falling. She actually ran closer to me and only feet from the path we cut. I gutted her and drove the truck back to the path then backed it down there to get her. The funny thing is, both came in from behind me, both shot within 10-15 ft. of each other, both took the same exit trail and fell with in 10 yrds of each other. first one heart shot, second exploded the lungs, the hole was so big on the second parts of the lungs were actually hanging out. I get a pic up in a minute. first doe is in the red cirlce, second not yet shot, fell where the red "X" is.

doeshotgun.jpg

The path, you can see the little creek bed in both pics to give a reference point.

DSC00065.jpg

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    My brother lost a nice buck. I tracked it for 4 hours hardly any blood broadhead sanapped off at the insert. I think the deer lives. while we were looking for that buck 2 does and a real nice buck ran by at 30 yards. set up that evening a button buck came out 20 min's later I diddent have the heart to shoot him. let em grow.[;)] congrads on two more deer[;)]

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep, I had been watching a button buck this year, have seen him several times, I think he was shot this weekend. My huntin buddies dad comes out for shotgun and he is in his 70s, well when he came back to the cabin he said he got one so I went to help him drag it to the truck and it was a button. He said he thought it was a lot bigger than that when he shot it. Oh well, it is nice to see him out there and get a harvest too.