In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I messed up

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
I had an idea where i should have set for the opener of gun season. I went to hang my climber at 520 am and couldnt climb the tree. so frustrated and sweety i moved 35 yards down the ridge. Well setting up i scared a flock of deer out, 15 minutes later i had a deer of some sorts standing under me and coyotes running all over the place and still to dark to see [:(!]. well at about 730 i look and see two does running right by where i wanted to put my stand then a huge buck came past 20 yards away from the tree. I was so mad at myslef for that. this deer then runs right into my little brothers lap who got buck fever real good by not being able to get the safty off his gun in time and the deer runs away.

later in the day I stalked 2 fawns and ran a trespasser off my land. All in all a great day

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    bummer, better luck next time.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    OH Man that would have been great if Little Head shot that deer.[:0] I bet the story would have read a little different.[:D] OH well seeing em is half the battle hang in there it will happen.[;)][;)]

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    If I read that right the deer was only 55 yrds and you didn't shoot with a gun? tell me I'm wrong.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    ya he was about 55 yards away slow trotting, sort of behind me. by the time i swung my gun around and grunted at him he was over a little hill running right at little bro. I had a shot but was a nice guy and let him go. loittle bro did make a fine shot yesterday on a buck on a drive. it walked out into a filed at 230 yards and stopped he put a 30/06 bullet through both of its front shoulders dropping it in its tracks

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    cool you let it go for little bro, also funny he got the fever that bad. I get the fever worse on does than I do bucks, not sure why. I dang near fell out of my stand this weekend after shooting one of my does. Sat down real fast after that.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.